Will cottage cheese keep me in ketosis?

Pixie

Silver Member
Hi guys, hope u are all doing well!
I still cant keep foodpacks down so I have given up and just eating a bar instead!
My LLC said if I got really desperate I could have cottage cheese.
Will this be ok if I just have a small portion ill I stay in ketosis?

Thanks guys!

x

Ive been reading some US nutritionists site she said egg white, tofu and cottage cheese to maintain ketosis!
Admittedly it tastes foul but I have eaten some and by some miracle it has stayed down!:D

yak.....

Yes, cottage cheese will keep you in Ketosis since it's very low carb, also low fat.

Have you found out why you are being sick? some people find the packs difficult for a while because of the nutrients, I'd say split them and add more water. Don't get into the habit of eating, the extra calories won't do your loss any favours.

Have you tried making the shakes into muffins or having the soup as stuffing? maybe it's the texture. I'd really get on to you LLC and figure out what it is that is making you ill.

Keep drinking....hope things are better soon!

I've tried everything Coley,its been 16 days now and I'm starting to get really ill...
I had a small portion of cottage cheese which is equal to 250 cals so I hope I'll be ok.
That is all I have eaten today apart from a vanilla shake which I brought back up once again! :(
I think maybe if I have cottage cheese 1 day a week at least I will be taking something in?
I dont know Im so confused :(

You need to go and talk to your LLC and if you were one of mine, I'd tell you to go get checked at the doctors. You shouldn't be being sick. If this is making you ill, perhaps it isn't the plan for you.:rolleyes:

Hmmm,

There is no physical reason for my sickness, my LLC suggested I go to see my GP but I am training to be a Doctor and we are always the worst for actually getting to go the Docs!
I've looked at everything BP, mineral levels etc and come to the conclusion its psychological!
When I first started taking the packs I had a flu type bug, which was probably why I was ill, and I think now just the association of the food pack smell has me nauseous before I've even started!
I need to do LL its my last chance.
At the min I feel patients don't take me seriousley when I'm talking about health especially re. Weight management issues.
:( I'll keep plodding on and see how I go!

Thanks guys.
x

maybe if its the smell of the packs, you could switch to cambridge (I'm a lighterlifer myself and don't normally suggest jumping ship) I believe there are more flavours on it and maybe they would have a few packs that smell different. Psychologically maybe that would trick your brain into forgetting the link and maybe you would then manage the original flavours again.

Have you tried using cambridge mix a mousse with a shake? I find thats quite good, we're not really supposed to but I found its fine. Got mine off ebay and use it with my lighterlife packs.

Fingers crossed you can find a way to make it work.

Mags
xxx

Its a gelatine powder you mix with a shake, it turns out a bit like angel delight... not wanting to dissapoint though its not exactly like angel delight, but its passable.

To make its best if you mix the mousse powder with the shake powder and then add it to the water, blend for at least a minute, then allow to set for 10 mins or so.

Could be worth a shot surely? you are only supposed to use it once a day, but at least if it worked for you, 1 mousse and 1 bar only leaves 2 packs to worry about!

heres a link to ebay, todays not a good day there is usually more mix a mousse on, and the ones I bought had free postage,

eBay.co.uk: Cambridge Diet - Mix-a-Mousse - New (item 280073616984 end time 27-Jan-07 12:45:01 GMT)

Mags
xxx

Its a gelatine powder you mix with a shake, it turns out a bit like angel delight... not wanting to dissapoint though its not exactly like angel delight, but its passable.

To make its best if you mix the mousse powder with the shake powder and then add it to the water, blend for at least a minute, then allow to set for 10 mins or so.

Could be worth a shot surely? you are only supposed to use it once a day, but at least if it worked for you, 1 mousse and 1 bar only leaves 2 packs to worry about!

heres a link to ebay, todays not a good day there is usually more mix a mousse on, and the ones I bought had free postage,

eBay.co.uk: Cambridge Diet - Mix-a-Mousse - New (item 280073616984 end time 27-Jan-07 12:45:01 GMT)

Mags
xxx

Aw thanks Mags that sounds great but I'm a veggie so Gelatine is out for me!
Ah well back to the drawing board!

Thanks for suggesting it so much. :)

oh sorry for getting your hopes up. I suppose that would limit your choices even if you switched to cambridge... I believe they have a tomato one, that would smell different I would think.

I'm not sure but there maybe a list on the cambridge forum of the flavours available, or if you post a question I'm sure someone will list them.

Mags
xxx

Hi Pix,

It is normally at the beginning that people find it difficult to take the packs as they can taste the vitamins and minerals in them.

It does sound like you have made an association with the packs and being sick and this is hard to overcome as it could be all in your head.

To dilute the taste have you tried a half glass of water before hand and afterwords?

Also I make my shakes up with more water than is recommended as I found this for me made them easier to go down at the beginning and I still do it with some flaours that I prefer more diluted.

Failing that if you can not take your packs as required you will have to come off the diet as you will get run down and in bad health as you need all of your four packs a day on LL to stay healthy.

You really need to talk this through with your LL counsellor.

My heart goes out to you as we all want to lose this weight and you know the diet works as you have done so well already, but you have to be careful of your overall health.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mini and Mags thanks for your help again.
I am probably going to try 2 bars a day as my LLC suggested and see how that works.
I know we shouldnt have to but does anyone know if we can take extra vitamins on LL?
x

Hey there

Just thought I'd offer a suggestion.

Is it both the soups and the shakes that make you feel ill?

Have you tried adding pepper and/or tabasco sauce to the soups to completely change the taste and smell of them. It might help you start to drink them and then gradually take away the pepper and tabasco until you get to a taste you start to enjoy.

Just a thought :)

I can't see a problem with vitamins etc, but I'm sure someone in the know will pop along shortly!

Officially we are not supposed to add anything other than salt, pepper and tabasco, but you could try adding other herbs and spices to try and change the smell too, I know some of the others do and its not affected their losses.

I tried a bit of curry powder once in a chicken soup and it was ok too... although I don't suppose thats any good to you being a veggie, it maybe nice in the veg or mushroom though

Mags
xxx

Hi Mike and Mags!

Yes Mike- All the food packs you have to mix make me ill, day 19 today tried a choc earlier which is the least puke inducing one for me and I managed to keep it down a whole 15 mins!
I find the soups worse as they seem really salty :(

Mags!
Thanks for the soup info,
I might try some herbs when I get my nerve back!

Hopefully someone will know about the vitamins soon....

x

Hi Mini and Mags thanks for your help again.
I am probably going to try 2 bars a day as my LLC suggested and see how that works.
I know we shouldnt have to but does anyone know if we can take extra vitamins on LL?
x

I take a multivitamin - I know they say there's no need but I feel better taking one. I do cook one of my packs and I know this depletes the vitamins so that's another reason I take them :)

I started getting some bouts of coldsores a couple of months ago and asked my LLC if I could take some vitamin C & Zinc to help get rid and she said yes - so I figured if she said yes to that then a multivitamin must be ok. So I just took that instead :)

I take a multivitamin - I know they say there's no need but I feel better taking one. I do cook one of my packs and I know this depletes the vitamins so that's another reason I take them :)

I started getting some bouts of coldsores a couple of months ago and asked my LLC if I could take some vitamin C & Zinc to help get rid and she said yes - so I figured if she said yes to that then a multivitamin must be ok. So I just took that instead :)

Thanks Kath!

I take it its not slowed your weight loss then?

x

Back