Will diet fizzy pop really affect your weight loss?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by blue*eyes, 21 August 2011 Social URL.

1. blue*eyes

blue*eyes Member

Hi title says it all really,I'm ending week 2 tomorrow and am craving a can of diet fizzy,would it affect weightloss at all,or is it because it can lead on to other things,I can't see it affecting loosing though,what do u all reakon
    Thanks H x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shiny

Shiny Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    They tell you not to have any fizzy pop but coke zero seems to be ok as it doesn't contain citric acid. Even a small amount of that can knock you out of ketosis. I have the odd can, and it takes the edge of for me if I'm craving something naughty, but I know some people say it makes them hungrier! Maybe try a can of coke zero and see how it goes? x

4. SurreySuperTrooper

SurreySuperTrooper Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.07%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I'm on Day 8 and so far I have had 3 cans of coke zero and it hasn't kocked me out of ketosis :)

If you crave it, try it and see whether it has any adverse effects on you.

5. Book-Worm

Book-Worm Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st11.4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SnS
    I'm like Shiny. I have a glass of coke zero from time to time when I obsessed over food. From what I can tell, it has not had any effect on my weight loss so far. If anything, it helps me a lot :)

6. blue*eyes

blue*eyes Member

Ty for your replies,my CDC said it's fine as long as no more than a couple cans a week.
    Hope I can stick to this diet as I'm so determined this time.
    Kind regards H x

7. beckbee29

beckbee29 Member

Since asking about coke zero a few days ago I have stopped drinking it and my ketosis is much stronger!! I'm leaving it out now, prefer a few more pounds off than a glass of pop xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.