Will green days after purely red days cause gain/ bloat?

rjg123

Silver Member
Ive been doing red days only for weeks - only really using my HEB's for cereal and ryvita's (so no pasta/ rice/ potatoes) just because I like having cereal and have enjoyed the 'treat' feeling of having cheese on ryvita's. I used to do EE but it has been weeks since I did it; I feel much slimmer on the red plan and the weight is coming off - just for convenience at work It would be easier to do green some days.
If i slip in the odd green day do you think I will have a temporary gain as Ive not really had any high carb/ low fibre foods like pasta and rice or am I talking rubbish? Im a bit nervous to try to at the mo!

Hi there,

I would also like to do just green as its cheaper and more convenient! But I also used to do a lot of red days and think it will make me put on? I do know that it is as successful as red days but in my head I think no it won't work!! Sorry I can't be more of a help! Maybe we should just try it and see!!

I think it is possible to gain after switching to green, but only if you are the type who suffers from bloating, or if you go overboard on the pasta. If you are sensible, there shouldn't be a problem. People often talk about pasta and rice and potatoes as if they are compulsory on green, but there are plenty of other things you can eat.

Back