Will ground black pepper in my LT soup knock me out of ketosis?

Lily21

Hi everyone,
i'm new here, never used a forum before but you guys seem to give each other great support so i thought i'd join up.

I'm on day 5 of my LT diet, have really struggled through the last few days (but haven't had anything but my shakes and soup and tonnes of water!) and i'm growing tired of plain chicken soup, would it be okay to add ground black pepper or chilli powder to liven it up a bit, or would that knock me out of ketosis?

Last edited:
Just wanted to say hi there, Lily! I don't think you can add those things, hun, but I only live on the shakes so somebody else will have to advise you on that. Welcome and good luck! :D

Apparently pepper and chilli are not acceptable to LT as they are the 'berry' of the plant.

I used chilli when I couldnt stomach the soup anymore but had loads to go and I still had losses. Would my losses have been more had I not added chilli...............cant answer that but I suspect I might have come off the plan because the soup went off the menu!

Most nutritionists would argue that chilli boosts the metabolism however most nutritionists would say LT isnt a good weight loss programme!
You have to decide!

Hi Lily
i cant take the shakes so im only on the chicken soup, i was told at the chemist to put some mixed dried herbs in it or add some spice to it like chilli powder to give it a bit of better taste an variety. ive been on chicken soup 3 weeks now

I'm sure black pepper is fine just not white and can be mixed with other things. x

Hi everyone,
i'm new here, never used a forum before but you guys seem to give each other great support so i thought i'd join up.

I'm on day 5 of my LT diet, have really struggled through the last few days (but haven't had anything but my shakes and soup and tonnes of water!) and i'm growing tired of plain chicken soup, would it be okay to add ground black pepper or chilli powder to liven it up a bit, or would that knock me out of ketosis?

Nothing is permitted on LT but don't worry, I don't think adding black pepper to your soup will take you out of ketosis, it's more about keeping your taste buds free of any taste.:D

when my mum did LT she used to add pepper & other herbs to the soups and never had any problems

HTH

Back