Will gym workout increase weight loss?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by hajm, 1 September 2011 Social URL.

1. hajm

hajm New Member

Hi, I'm on my 10th day on ss+ and went for a 30mins walk today,and plan go for gym workout tomorrow, will that affect my weight loss and slower it down? I've lost 3.5kg in my first week, I feel I've gained weight though haven't weighed myself again.is that normal to feel such?and lastly what all excersises could I do to lose weight quicker? Many thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Illa

Illa Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.18%)
    Diet:
    Mostly raw vegan
    exercise is a tricky thing, As for me I did moderate exercise from the beginning and my scale showed "more muscles" (it's a scale that measures my fat and muscle amount). And my weight did not go down as fast as expected. Then it started to go down but my percentage of body fat stayed the same in proportion. I started a higher level of exercise with the 30 days shred, I was expecting again a slower weight loss along with some muscles gain but that just did not happen. I lost inches but my percentage of body fat somehow stayed the same. Then I went on vacation moved quite a bit there (but nothing spectacular) and again as I came back the scale was indicating "less fat". So I'm thinking that a moderate level of constant exercise might be the key to decrease of body fat....but that's just my experience

4. hajm

hajm New Member

thanks Illa!very kind to reply, Im still a little confused as Id like too workout and lose weight quicker :(

5. Illa

Illa Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.18%)
    Diet:
    Mostly raw vegan
    just try it over and look at how your body reacts. everyone is different. Exercise is always good for the health anyway.

6. mama22

mama22 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.5%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    You need to exercise very careful on SS as you are really only getting enough going in for basic body function,
    Also muscle weights more then fat but take 4times less space (if that makes sense) muscle will also speed up your metabolism so you will burn fat faster

If you are wanting to exercise give yourself 2 weeks on the diet and the start slowly and nothing to strenuous, on days you do exercise don't even think about staying on just SS you will need the plus meal at least for the muscles to repair after a workout (muscles are in a way damaged during exercise) and the protein will be available for you body to do the repair and make your muscles stronger.

I was a health and fitness instructor and left it for a desk job when I got married as I didn't want to work shifts / weekends with a family. Shame me taking a desk job left me gaining weight and needing help to get that family.

7 off 1 (and possibly a bit) to go lol
    X

7. hajm

hajm New Member

Thank you people

8. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Yeah if you are on SS or SS+ strenuous exercise should be avoided. You are not eating enough calories or carbs to fuel tough workouts. You could get injured or even make yourself ill.

Also - exercising too much on very low intake can actually slow down losses! The body fights the loss cos it thinks you are in a state of starvation.

Stick to walking for now, I'd say. All the best!

9. This time its forever

This time its forever Full Member

Start Weight:
    136kg
    Current Weight:
    69kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    67kg(49.27%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Moderate speed walking is the best - my CDC told me this is probably the reason I lost 7cm on each leg in the first week of starting CD on stage 2.

Its still summer in Cyprus too so I can still go to the beach or pool :) - this has always helped tone me up. Even though I am really overweight I have got muscles on my legs and arms that I always receive compliments for (because people assume overweight always means wobble wobble wobble!)

10. posterofagirl

posterofagirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(22.36%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Im doing Shred and C25K but I am keeping a close eye on my body fat, weight and measurements. Also stopping when I feel sick!

11. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    no it doesn't! 1lb of fat and 1lb of muscle weigh..... 1lb however, muscle as you say does take up less room. so you can weigh the same but look thinner and wear smaller clothes if you've been working out and have built loads of muscle.

12. mama22

mama22 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.5%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Was that not my point!!!!

13. shrinkin'violet

shrinkin'violet Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(25.24%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    Muscle defo weighs more than fat as in 1 mug of fat vs 1 mug muscle, muscle. But I actually forgot the initial question brb x

14. Lose2Win

Lose2Win True Believer

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(24.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/SnS
    Mama 22 you've done great. Good for you.

I'm was on Cambridge SS/SS+ but stopped because I was not allowed to exercise (I love to spin, box and do weights). It's odd because I'm now trying Lipotrim and they encourage you to exercise to improve your weight loss. I'm really struggling with the taste of Lipotrim and much prefer the variety of Cambridge. Do you think I could go back to Cambridge SS/ SS+ and continue my exercising???

15. mama22

mama22 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.5%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Thanks
    Come back to CD I use a cross trainer 4/5 times per week and not had a problem. Cd recommend you don't start anything new, if your already doing it you will be fine. You might have to tone things down for the first few weeks and keep a watch out dizzy spells. What about doing SS+ on the days you train and SS on the days you don't
    X

16. Lose2Win

Lose2Win True Believer

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(24.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/SnS
    That's a great idea. Thanks. I think I'll try that and see how I go. I think as you said the main thing is that I monitor how I go and adapt things according to how I'm feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.