Will I go into ketosis?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by meemini, 4 January 2009 Social URL.

1. meemini

meemini Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(34.78%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    Hi am new here and been doing the CD for 2 days. Ive just woundering if some one could tell me if i am going to go into ketosis? I had not really heard of it until I came on here. I am on the shakes and bars but also the orange flavouring for water as I hate water. Will the flavouring effect ketosis. Thank you to any one who wishes to help.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi!! The water flavourings affect some and not others but my CDC said I couldn't use them till the second week, I believe the amount you use in a day is limited, can't quite remember how much you are allowed though. The bars are higher in carbs so they too can affect ketosis and I couldn't have them till week 3, plus you are only allowed a bar a day. It is all personal though, they affect some and not others so you will just have to wait and see. They say it takes some a day others upto 3 to get into ketosis.

Otherwise all the best. Stick to the diet and it will work.

4. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    So long as you have only what is allowed, you'll be in Keto by the end of your first week for sure :)

5. meemini

meemini Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(34.78%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    Thanks bijoux i will leave the bars untill next week. ' Week 1 - 4 -- -27lbs.' Thats a great loss I hope I can follow that. Pete, wow! Your a new man. Thanks for the replies.

6. bigfella

bigfella not for long hopefully

Start Weight:
    25st1lb
    Current Weight:
    25st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Meemini
    I was too told that I couldnt have bars for 2 weeks. I started on 1 Jan and by the end of day 2, my ketostix was going a dark salmon colour, which was nice to see as I could see progress.
    Like pete said, it wont be long, a week max!
    Good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.