Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Will I go into ketosis?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by meemini, 4 January 2009 Social URL.

1. meemini

meemini Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(34.78%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    Hi am new here and been doing the CD for 2 days. Ive just woundering if some one could tell me if i am going to go into ketosis? I had not really heard of it until I came on here. I am on the shakes and bars but also the orange flavouring for water as I hate water. Will the flavouring effect ketosis. Thank you to any one who wishes to help.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bijoux

Bijoux Fat Fighter

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(28.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi!! The water flavourings affect some and not others but my CDC said I couldn't use them till the second week, I believe the amount you use in a day is limited, can't quite remember how much you are allowed though. The bars are higher in carbs so they too can affect ketosis and I couldn't have them till week 3, plus you are only allowed a bar a day. It is all personal though, they affect some and not others so you will just have to wait and see. They say it takes some a day others upto 3 to get into ketosis.

Otherwise all the best. Stick to the diet and it will work.

4. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    So long as you have only what is allowed, you'll be in Keto by the end of your first week for sure :)

5. meemini

meemini Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(34.78%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    Thanks bijoux i will leave the bars untill next week. ' Week 1 - 4 -- -27lbs.' Thats a great loss I hope I can follow that. Pete, wow! Your a new man. Thanks for the replies.

6. bigfella

bigfella not for long hopefully

Start Weight:
    25st1lb
    Current Weight:
    25st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Meemini
    I was too told that I couldnt have bars for 2 weeks. I started on 1 Jan and by the end of day 2, my ketostix was going a dark salmon colour, which was nice to see as I could see progress.
    Like pete said, it wont be long, a week max!
    Good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.