Will i have to be taken off LT

mummyof1

Im sure i saw someone comment that when you reach a bmi of 25, then i would have to come off LT. Is this right?
I could really do with staying on this until i lose another stone, as long as i'm in the healthy bmi range i shouldn't be a problem should it?

Hey hun, i am not sure but i just had my first weigh in like you I lost 7 LBS and I asked the lady in the chemist and she said I can keep going until I get to the weight i am happy with.

Well done you for getting this far XxX

I think each chemist is different. Mine was happy for me to stay on it longer. My friends chemist one person told her she would have to stop as soon as bmi 25 but then another time a different person said she could stay longer and ended up doing two more weeks after hitting bmi 25.

Thanks, im sure my chemist are a little bit slack as they dont even work out my bmi for me, they just asked me my goal weight which i did tell them 9stone, although i think i may aim for 8.5 now as i will allow that half for refeed.
Well i shall see next wednesday if they let me stay on it.

When you reach BMI 25 you have to start refeeding as the pharmacists are NOT allowed to continue selling you TFR. I think it's because they're afraid people might become anorexic. So when you reach MBI 25, you will hve to start refeeding and go on to maintenance or another diet.

I will have to see on wednesday because im sure they dont know what their doing anyway so i'll have to mention it to them x

Good plan. I wanted to stay on longer too as I haven't reached my goal yet but I was explicitely told that I HAD to come off. I can understand as they don't want people to get anorexia by staying on the diet longer. x

My chemist said that I can stay on until I reach BMI 20. Under that then they will not continue you on the plan (BMI 20 AFTER refeed tho!) which im fine with as my goal BMI is something like 23. Dont understand why 25, cause isnt 25 like 'ok bordering overweight'?

No fizz, 25 is the highest level of healthy BMI. Your chemist is talking out of it's neck as it is absolutely NOT allowed to continue on TFR when you reach BMI 25! It just shows that pharmacists have no idea what they are talking about.....

No fizz, 25 is the highest level of healthy BMI. Your chemist is talking out of it's neck as it is absolutely NOT allowed to continue on TFR when you reach BMI 25! It just shows that pharmacists have no idea what they are talking about.....

Ive no idea what BMI's mean with regards to categorys but I did think it was bordering o.weight. I hope they dont take me off the plan then when im at 25 because I know I wont be at goal weight. I want to try to get to 133lbs, to allow 7lbs for refeed :sigh: Oh well, cross that bridge when I come to it :(

You're the same height as me so when you reach around 158-160lbs your bmi will be 25 and should you start refeeding.

You're the same height as me so when you reach around 158-160lbs your bmi will be 25 and should you start refeeding.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'll be over a stone from my goal weight!

Thats crazy, surely not? I'd be 20lbs from goal, I was never informed of this when I started, im going to ask next week because 20lbs off goal is far far far too much for me :(

I know i still want to lose a stone and my chemist just asked me what my goal weight was and left it at that, plus when i go in and get weighed by the young girl who works there she never even checks or works out my bmi, they just weigh me and sell me the next weeks worth, so im thinking my chemist wont even bother taking me off it and i could carry on to lose the extra stone anyway.

My chemist has agreed i can keep going until i reach a BMI of 21. I am happy with that and even if they are not supposed to i aint saying nothing im just gonna keep going x

This is rubbish guys! Is started tfr with a BMI of 25 so there is no way anyone should be taken off tfr at that if they are still away from their goal weight!

Go to another chemist and buy more lipotrim before you hit bmi of 25? Stock up so u can carry on after. Just an idea x

See i've done exante before so I can always go back to it if they do make me come off but its abit of a joke to be honest, some people with a BMI of 25, dont look how they want too! I dont really have a set goal but just want to be 10stone, but prefer to look good [even if I weigh 12 stone an look good] I dont know what to do now, if they make me come off it, i'm going to go back to exante for the last 20 or so lbs. This has worried me slightly though so im going to ask my own chemist, and see what they say.

I know, I am a stone away from my goal but apparently it's LT rules that when someone hits BMI 25, they have to start refeed. I don't make up the rules guys! I didn't wanna come off but HAD to. Unfortunately this is the only pharmacy in Aberdeen that sells LT.

I know, I am a stone away from my goal but apparently it's LT rules that when someone hits BMI 25, they have to start refeed. I don't make up the rules guys! I didn't wanna come off but HAD to. Unfortunately this is the only pharmacy in Aberdeen that sells LT.

I know you dont :)

Could it be a scottish legalisation/rule? Or am I clutching at straws? :D

Its really thrown me though, I was told 21 or 20 ish when I first started, but that was 4 nearly 5 months ago. I suppose ive got a get out clause, with exante but I know people cant afford to buy it as its a month at a time. If they say its true, im going to go to exante until I hit target, then go back to chemist for refeed ;) then again my chemist is abit crap so will prob let me stay on it, just for the money they earn from it! :rolleyes:

I think your grasping fizz :)
I was thinking of doing exante as well but found it a bit expensive as you need to buy so much and not sure if I'd like the shakes. Are doing WW right now so hope I will lose another stone there...
If your pharmacist doesn't say anything, I'd stay on if I were you ;-) x

Back