will i lose weight

tsweety81

hi all tfr-ers i left a post yest but only got one reply......just feeling abit low and wondering will this diet work for me too i jst dont seem to be going down at all.i see lots of ppl say they have lost a few lbs in jst a couple of days and i have only gone down a lb since sunday. Iam sticking to it and having 4 packs and drinking.i really wanna lose weight for my holiday in aug. please help :-(

If you stick to the plan you will lose the weight. Try and not step on and off the scales, easier said than done but you will be surprised at next sunday's weigh in. You have only been on it a couple of days and once your body gets into ketosis thats what speeds up the weight loss as your burning fat away. My scales have STS since Monday but I know as the week progressess I will lose the lbs. Stick at it.

Hi tsweety.

Yes if you keep sticking you will lose weight. Some people just lose weight a bit slower, but all of a sudden you may start to lose a good amount.
Have you got much to lose?

Good luck, keep going, you will get there x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

have you been drinking more water tsweety? i think that makes a difference to try and drink more.

Hi Tsweety, while it can be so encouraging to see how much weight other people lose, especially during the first week, you've got to bear in mind that you're an individual and your body works in its own way. Things like your starting weight can affect your loss rate. How much fluid you're taking is another factor.

As others have said, avoid the scales ESPECIALLY if you're not strong enough to handle things like lack of movement, gains etc. You'll see others weighing in daily and coping fine, but if what the numbers say is going to be overwhelming for you, then put them away. Maybe later on as you become more "in tune" with your body and how it works, you can weigh daily and handle it.

You have a good 5 or 6 months till your August goal, and on average you could lose that amount of weight in stones too:D
This diet works...there is no doubt about it!

Your head needs to be in the right place to do this, otherwise the smallest blips can derail your progress.

Hope this helps. Put the scales away until WI for now and hopefully you will be smiling on WI day. Good luck :) x

Sorry tsweety, I am using an app on phone and it doesnt show the weights of people. So I didnt see until I logged on on my laptop.

Maka is right, put the scales away .just weigh weekly for now.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes it's being in ketosis that helps you lose weight on this diet and it takes everybody a different amount of time to get there. If you've lost 1lb you are prob there now and now the scales will move a bit more.
Don't weigh again until your week is up and you should be pleasantly surprised. And remember any loss is a good loss!
Good luck! x

When I feel like my body won't let the fat go I always think how long it would have taken to shift on weight watchers or sliming world.

You have lost 1lb in 3 days on any other diet it would have taken you the week to loose this much. U still have another 4 days to go! Don't count those chickens just yet.

I do lighter life recommends not eating any bars till about day 4 into the diet as they contain more carbs. If u are eating any bars try cutting them out till wk2 to see if this helps?

This will get better just stick with it!

You will get there eventually tsweety, I am in week 5 and had a sneaky peak yesterday and I had only lost 0.5 of a kilo but day I had lost just over a kilo - official WI isn't until Friday - our bodies are funny things, stick at it, it works :-D

Im like that in week 1 usually. No movement until about day 3-4 then i have a big whoosh. Dont fret over the numbers hun, let your body do what it needs to do. It'll even out eventually.

Sometimes i think the body is gripping on to the fat for dear life lol :)

It has to come off whether it likes it or not!!

Oh and i have found no diff whether i have a bar or not, have only had 2 in a week and am sts days and 1lb's off etc.

Back