will it matter?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Eileen, 30 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Slimming world.
    :)Im going away this weekend & im dreding the journey,since i started ll i cant keep off the toilet i must go every 15 minutes.I was wondering if i could have less water just for one day, would it do any harm? Has anyone had days when they dont drink 4 litres cos they need too go out?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hiddenfishcake

Hiddenfishcake Full Member

The more water you drink the better the diet is for you. Is there anyway you can have a little before you go then make up for it when you get there?
  4. Helen

Helen Full Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    We went to Scotland for 10 days in week 10 and I did cut right down on my water for most of the week as we were travelling quite long distances most days. In the evenings when we got back I did try to drink a lot to make up for it but only managed about 3litres on a good day. I felt fine. What I would say though is drink as much as you can when you can and get straight back onto 4 litres a day when you get home . . . I didn't manage that and by the third week of not drinking enough was feeling very dizzy and ill. Am fine now I have got back up to 4+ litres a day though!
  5. scareypeanuts

scareypeanuts Just one day at a time

Waiting to start Avidlite
    A man at my Hubby's meeting was on jury service and could not drink ANY water. He still lost but not a much.

I am sure that it won't matter for one day.

Well done on your 16lbs xx
  6. chunkychicken

chunkychicken Full Member

I have just returned from a camping holiday in Dorset - a 6hour plus drive away. I also didn't want to have to stop at every service station so loaded with water from early morning and then stopped 2 hours before the journey. Then I just have sips for the drive (got about 500mls down) still had to stop twice though. Felt a bit rubbish when I got there but then downed loads because I was so thirsty. Thought I would be fine then - but then the rest of the week the weather was so rubbish that I didn't want to have to leave the tent to go to the toilet block so barely drank 2 litres a day and hardly any at night. Result - lowest weightloss so far this week and felt very hungry for a couple of days afterwards.
    I think if it is just the journey that will be an issue - then just try to make up the water when you arrive (you will prob be thirsty enough by then to down a good litre or so). It is not ideal as you are supposed to drip feed your system with water to keep it ticking over - not starve it of water and then drown it - but if the alternative is not getting through your full 4 litres - and it affecting your weightloss - I think it is the lesser evil.

Hope this helps
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.