Will my calves shrink?!!!!

kazz

Gold Member
I've lost 2 stone so far on CD, and have around another 4 to lose:eek: :eek:

Anyway, I ordered some really nice kneeboots (black PVC with red undersoles in case anyone is interested!!) They arrived today and They fit!! But I had to squeeze the zipper up them....jsut wondering, will my calves shrink??? Is there anything I can do to help them???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes they will shrink! As you overall mass goes down then the muscle will waste due to it not needing to be so big to move you about.

Mine shrunk a lot!

M.

My ruddy calves are still too big for lots of pretty boots. There is virtually no fat on them...I think it must be all the years of ballet and I have muscle. I shouldn't moan really, but I want PRETTY BOOTS!!! wwwwwah!!!

Erm..no idea how to shrink them...just don't build up muscle cause then you're doomed!! if you can just about fit in them now, I suspect you shall fit them lovely in a stones time!!! :D yey for you!!

I wish mine would shrink cos I can't get into knee high boots either. It's so frustrating that I'm now a size 12 adn cant wear them yet my friend who is a 16 has no problem getting into them.

I've come to the conclusion it's because I'm short so my calves fatten out further down that people of normal height which boots are generally made for.

Not really true (well true that I am short at last) but I like to think of it that way.

oooooough you might be right there Kati!! I am 5ft 5.6" (yes, the .6 is very important) but I have to get petite trousers for people 5ft 3" and under and even they are often too long....so I have ruddy short legs and a freakishly long body....

drat and bother!!! :mad::mad::mad: I want me some pretty boots. The wide fit ones just look like they are swamping my ickle little ankles....boo. I shall just have to be uncool forever!!

oooh wonder if other people have this same problem as us. I'm 5'3 and have to get the petite stuff too. can you get petite boots anywhere lol?

Back