Will this be ok?

smoomoo

Silver Member
Ive bunged in my slow cooker - beef, stock, carrots, swede, parsnip, leek, potato etc. I can only keep it on for about 8 hours as i put it on at 2pm and will be going to bed about 10pm (its for tomorrow). Will 8 hrs be long enough? And how do I thicken it up? Its very watery. Thanks x

That will be fine! To thicken either take the lid off for the last half hour or sprinkle on some smash then stir it in

Thank you, i put it in the fridge over night and im amazed at how much yellow fat has settled and hardened on the top. Considering its 95% veg and potato and a little meat! Ah well have scooped most of it out

If you brown your meat first in a dry pan a lot of the fat will come off and you shouldn't get so much in your slow cooker.
Hope this helps for next time.

WSS^ Also fry your veg first with a little fry light to give them an even better taste and seal them.....or just bung everything in because it's easier and scrape the fat off like you did lol. Afterall slow cookers are meant to be nice and simple hehe. Also, that smash idea for thickening is FAB! I'd never thought of that. I'm assuming it's syn free on EE?

Back