Will this effect my weight loss?

livi

Committed Loser
Hey everybody. Just a quick question. I always drink a lot of water but I probably drink just as much diet coke. I'm giving it up as feel it makes me crave other sweet things, particularly in the evening.

Will this have an impact on my weight loss next week? x

Difficult to say with any accuracy because of all the other things that can randomly fluctuate.

I have heard stuff about sugar (and artificial sweeteners) inhibiting fat loss to some extent but I don't know to what extent or whether it is true or not!

It is definitely much healthier not to have it and, as you say, may help you stop craving sugar.

I am trying to cut back on the artificial sweeteners myself at the moment by swapping mullerlights for fat free natural yogurt, having tea/coffee without sweeteners (trying to have green tea instead - may be slow progres on that though!) etc. Since I have been doing it I do feel that it is easier to stick to plan and like you sweet cravings have become much, much less!

Thanks for the reply sweetie. I've heard so many conflicting things about the artificial sweeteners in diet drinks that I tend to write it all off as nonsense. But yeah, healthier not to have it. Not sure I could wean myself off the sweetener in my coffee just yet though ;) We'll see what happens when I get on the scales on Tuesday! My fingers are crossed!!! x

I found not drinking diet coke did help but think it was more the caffeine than the artificial sweetener. So now I have switched to mainly decaff coffee at home

good luck at the scales xx

Back