• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Will this effect my weight loss?

zeke

Gold Member
Difficult to say with any accuracy because of all the other things that can randomly fluctuate.

I have heard stuff about sugar (and artificial sweeteners) inhibiting fat loss to some extent but I don't know to what extent or whether it is true or not!

It is definitely much healthier not to have it and, as you say, may help you stop craving sugar.

I am trying to cut back on the artificial sweeteners myself at the moment by swapping mullerlights for fat free natural yogurt, having tea/coffee without sweeteners (trying to have green tea instead - may be slow progres on that though!) etc. Since I have been doing it I do feel that it is easier to stick to plan and like you sweet cravings have become much, much less!

livi

Committed Loser
Thanks for the reply sweetie. I've heard so many conflicting things about the artificial sweeteners in diet drinks that I tend to write it all off as nonsense. But yeah, healthier not to have it. Not sure I could wean myself off the sweetener in my coffee just yet though ;) We'll see what happens when I get on the scales on Tuesday! My fingers are crossed!!! x

kerryathome

Silver Member
I found not drinking diet coke did help but think it was more the caffeine than the artificial sweetener. So now I have switched to mainly decaff coffee at home

good luck at the scales xx