Will weight loss reduce excess hair???

CP123

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone has found that losing weight has reduced excess hair? facial hair in particular?

I always thought that it would, but have read that apparently it doesnt...:confused:

so confused, just wanted personal opinions/experiences!

thanks ladies xxxxxxx

hi!

Personally i have found it doesnt do anything for me. I have lost 4 st 5lbs overal so far and its made no difference. I'm also on the pill now, and have been for 6 months but that also makes no difference, but i do think that the amount of times a week i have to shave has reduced from dailey to 2twice weekly.

xx

hi

im not sure if weight lose does reduce facial hair or not but for me i think the more weight i hav put on the more hair has appeared.

i have just got a cream for it from my doctor. Have to apply it twice a day. Have you tried it?

Not sure how good it will be though.

x

I lost 5 stone a couple of years ago, and I swear I have more hair now than I did then.

I'm on cerazette - the doctor changed me to dionette (sp?) and it made me skins all dry and flakey, so it was no use.

I'm in the process of getting electrolysis at the moment - its a bit nippy! lol!

I have a similar expereince to others. I used to be small (10stone) and since I was about 14 I've had excess hair on my neck. At the age of 15 I started to shave it daily and have done so ever since (I am now 29):( I have put on 6 stone in those years and I haven't noticed it get worse or better with my various sizes.

I have lost 3 stone over the past year and unfortunately the amount of hair on my neck has not reduced L I used to pluck the hair out with tweezers which is time consuming and demoralising. However I have recently purchased an epilator which (although painful at first) has reduced the amount of time involved.

I have lost 3 stone over the past year and unfortunately the amount of hair on my neck has not reduced L I used to pluck the hair out with tweezers which is time consuming and demoralising. However I have recently purchased an epilator which (although painful at first) has reduced the amount of time involved.

I've often thought of buying an epilator - one of those braun wet/dry ones. But now I'm getting my electrolysis, I wont bother. But def think its the way to go if the only other options are shaving or plucking

Hey i hav pcos 2 n my doc told me dat weight does effect the hair and if u loose it u will gradually loose the hair so hopefully if not im gonna crack up haha =]

I've lost 5 stone over the past few years, and if anything, I feel like my hair problem is twice as bad as it was before. Maybe I just couldnt see the hair for the fat lol!

hi

i lost 6 and a half stone last year and it made no difference to my hair problem at all , mores the pity. i think drs say weight loss will be a cure all for pcos symptoms, i havent had any relief frm any of the symptoms including my periods are still not regular ect.
rosebud

Loosing weight has definitely helped my periods become regular, so much so that the last six months has been 28 days on the dot! Just wish it would do the same for the hair, I can’t help but feel like a man some mornings :(

I've often thought of buying an epilator - one of those braun wet/dry ones. But now I'm getting my electrolysis, I wont bother. But def think its the way to go if the only other options are shaving or plucking

How do you find Electrolysis? I was told it's not a lifetime cure and you need to keep going back.

Electrolysis is the only permanent method of hair removal. Granted, it can take a good few sessions to make the hair give up for good and stop coming back, but its supposed to be final in the end.

I've been going for 9 weeks now - hair growth is 8-12weeks apparently. I must admit, I go for 30mins at a time once a week, or a fortnight (dep on how I feel), so it doesnt clear every hair in that time. But the ones that have been cleared so far havent come back.

At least on my face, anyway. My nipples... honestly not so sure. I get them done every 2 weeks and they always need done. Not sure if its just different growth cycles, or if the hair has super human qualities and doesnt want to die!

Having said that, when I was there last Friday, it took her alot less time than usual to do my nipples - so it must be getting better!

Ask me in a year and I'll let you know for sure! :p

Damn, maybe I should have taken "before photo's"..... ah well, too late now!

thank for replies :) iv been feeling so down about the fact that i may not lose the excess hair even when i lose the weight, that iv booked a consultation at a laser hair removal clinic :) feel so much better that ive done something about it!! fingers crossed it will work xx

Good for you!

Gotta help yourself - god knows the nhs wont do anything for us.

Let me know how it goes! :)

tell me about it theyre useless!

will do hun :) x

Oh, well this is depressing!

I haven't been to the doctor about my symptoms because I'm too embarrassed, but am pretty sure I have PCOS as I'm properly obese (20 stone and 5'11) and have terrible body hair. I have to pluck my chin every day and I get loads of stubbly, thick black hairs riight under the surface of my chin skin that I can't get to and just have to wait until they sprout before I can tweeze them out! :(

I thought weight loss would, amongst other things, sort out this. Awww!

Pud x

You're a more patient woman that me. I am a pro at digging out 1mm long hairs with a needle!

I know how you feel. I was 19st a few years ago, and im 5' 10". I'm really sorry I cant say losing weight was a miracle cure, because for me, it wasnt. It seems worse now than it was before :(

Maybe it will be different for you tho, I only have my own experience to go by. Have u tried buying one of those wet/dry silk-epil epilators? Or perhaps going to see about laser or electrolysis if u can afford it?x

I've read that spearmint tea help with unwanted hair growth. Its supposed to help regulate hormones and lower the excess male hormones. I've been doing this for 2 months now and I can honestly say I've noticed a reduction. it's recommended that you drink the tea daily starting on the first day of your period and continue for 15 days. I drink 2 cups, I try to drink more whenever possible. It's worth giving it a shot!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back