Will you reward yourself?

Neonshock

I was thinking of getting myself a little something as a gift for doing so well when Im halfway to target. Just a pendant or something, not even expensive, just something that isnt based in food to say well done!

Anyone else doing this?

That sounds like a lovely idea!! :)

When I get to 11stone (i.e. healthy bmi) I'm getting my ears pierced, I've always wanted them doing and it's a nice little permanent way of reminding me of how far I've come :)

I'm going to go to Boots or the Body Shop and buy some lovely treats like a face mask, body lotion etc and have a pamper night at home; just me with some nice pampering treatments, candles, relaxing music - kind of recreate a spa environment at home.

I have thought about putting the money that I would spend on bad foods in a pot even if just a few quid a week. Then when I have acheived my target weight, I can go and buy something for myself :)

Im going to get hair extensions if I hit my xmas target in time! Sounds cheap and tacky... haha but my hair has got so thin since Ive been dieting that I just want to thicken it up again for christmas

I have a reward system that does involve food. Each mini-goal is rewarded by a binge day. I have earned one so far, and I am saving it :)

I know we're not meant to reward ourselves with food really, but it was the only reward that seems to motivate me. Unless my psychology changes drastically, I am even going to have to use binge-related rewards to persuade me to maintain my weight when I am at target. "You can eat cake at xmas if you stayed the right weight all year" or something like that.

I've been saving the money that I would normally have spent on snacks etc, and when I reach my target weight I'm putting the cash towards getting a ill-judged tattoo I had as a teenager covered with something a lot prettier! Found the perfect tattoo artist to do the job, have more or less saved enough cash - just waiting for my body to catch up with the plans!

I've decided I'm going to put £1 in a pot for every lb in weight I loose and if I put on weight have to double the lbs for £'s..... does that make sense? I'm confusing myself!

1lb added equals £2 added to the pot. :)

Fit-by-30 won't that encourage you to put on weight as you end up with double the reward by putting it on? And you didn't say when you actually claim the prize - if ever.

I'm going to get my veneers done on my teeth next Jan/Feb when I get to my goal weight, I've been saving since I started loosing weight!

But everytime I drop 7lbs I usually go treat myself in Lush, see whats new to try :)

when i got to 4 stone lost i treated myself to a tattoo of 4 butterflies going up my leg.

im going to add to it when i've lost more, currently im at 5 stone 9lbs, when i reach 6 stone im going to get 2 more butterflies added.

Fit-by-30 won't that encourage you to put on weight as you end up with double the reward by putting it on? And you didn't say when you actually claim the prize - if ever.

I don't think it will as money is quite tight so I'd actually miss it more if I had to put double in.

I guess I could have a reward jar and a 'fine' jar - the reward jar I could have when I reach 10lb goals and the fine jar would have to wait until I get to my overall goal ?

Sorry, I should have been clearer or thought it through better.

I don't think it will as money is quite tight so I'd actually miss it more if I had to put double in.

I guess I could have a reward jar and a 'fine' jar - the reward jar I could have when I reach 10lb goals and the fine jar would have to wait until I get to my overall goal ?

Sorry, I should have been clearer or thought it through better.

Don't be sorry, I knew what you meant! :)

That's a really really good idea! I may have to do that myself!! :p

x

I want a really big tattoo on my back, a butterfly to represent my transition from fat bird to fit bird!!!

I'm far too scared to get a tattoo but I like how it would be so personal to you. It'll be a lovely reminder for you :D

I'm far too scared to get a tattoo but I like how it would be so personal to you. It'll be a lovely reminder for you :D

It will also be an incentive to maintain my weight loss, nothing worse than a stretched and mutated tattoo!!!!!

I'm also thinking I'm probably going to need a breast lift, they are going so far south and I dread to think what they are going to look like after I lose another 5/6 stone!!!

True about the tattoo - my sister now has a giant lizard on her tummy as opposed to the cute gecko she did have.......

My poor boobs already have gravity issues after feeding my son for a year - dread to think how they'll be once this weights gone. Still, I guess I could have surgery - that should shift a couple of pounds surely!

I'm setting myself rewards for my mini goals. for example, when I lose 7lbs I will treat myself to a facial/back massage, after the next 7lbs, I'll buy a hair mask or fasce mask and pamper myself at home. Things like that. Once I've lost a bit of weight, I will treat myself to some new smaller clothes!

I'd also thought about putting £1 away for every lb I lose, and if I gain weight, take out £1 for every lb i put on! But I'm not sure about that.

Im goingn for a huge spend up in la senza...i cant wait to have drawers full of nice knickers and bras :D

im plan on having a little tattoo done when i hit the ultimate goal,and maybe have the date put in too,just small.as a reminder what i achieved and to never let myself get like that again :D(i have a few tattoos already)

Back