Wine at the weekend

Lind

Is feeling the love!
I love a bottle of wine at the weekend, red or white I don't care. But come saturday afternoon I have to open a bottle.

The only trouble is I don't know if this is hindering my diet.

I only drink on Saturdays and I don't get drunk but I do like a drink.

Can anyone help me please?

I don't think that a moderate, once a week drink should hinder your diet. I have some wine every day (should I be admitting that!) and I'm losing weight.

A glass of red a day is good for you... lots of antioxidants etc, its good for your heart.
You'd be wise to take the calories/points or whatever into account though as part of your diet though.

Hope you enjoy your wine!

~Silence~

Think it all depends on the diet too. If it's a calorie controlled you can easily factor it in. if you were doing something like CD or Sure Slim the sugar content would hinder you diet as it's trying to train your body to process food the correct way rather than storing fat. Is Slim Fast just calorie intake but making sure you have enough vitamins??? Are you have just 1 glass?

Good luck.
Bren
X

Hi girls,

Well I was going to buy a bottle, but I sat and had a really good think about it. basically it comes down to, I am the sort of girl that can not open a bottle and just have one glass, I would have to drink the lot.:eek:

So the final decision has been not to have any wine at all until Easter. Then I shall sit in my garden (hopefully) and enjoy a lovely expensive bottle.

Thanks for the advice.

Oooh, that sounds lovely! Here's hoping for a warm spring, so you can really enjoy that glass in the garden...

I love wine, but I can't have it with CD for a whole host of reasons to do with ketosis. I drink chilled sparkling water out of a big wine glass, mixed with a bit of flavouring. It isn't wine, but I can pretend it's champagne or some kind of spritzer. Have you tried this?

I don't know if you can get them in the UK or not, but here in France a number of the most popular wines are sold in small bottles, with like 2 small glasses worth of wine, which is ideal. You get to enjoy a glass of wine and you don't feel obliged to finish the bottle or guilty about throwing good wine away!

They do sell mini-bottles here - they hold a large glass of wine, but no more.

That's a brilliant suggestion, Silence! :)

They do sell mini-bottles here - they hold a large glass of wine, but no more.

That's a brilliant suggestion, Silence! :)

I think they're brilliant. I live on my own and like the odd glass of wine every now and then and having a small bottle means I don't waste money... or wine!!!

Hi Girls,

Thanks for that. I am going to have a look to see if I can get the half bottles.

I wouldn't feel too bad if I only had two glasses. :p

why dont you have spirit instead? a measure of, lets say, vodka, with diet coke, is alot less syn value than wine.
i have the same trouble. socializing can be difficult.

why dont you have spirit instead? a measure of, lets say, vodka, with diet coke, is alot less syn value than wine.
i have the same trouble. socializing can be difficult.

I am such a light weight, I don't like spirits or larger or beer. It's just wine thats my weakness. :wave_cry:

I don't know if you can get them in the UK or not, but here in France a number of the most popular wines are sold in small bottles, with like 2 small glasses worth of wine, which is ideal. You get to enjoy a glass of wine and you don't feel obliged to finish the bottle or guilty about throwing good wine away!

this is what i do! theyre on offer in asda atm 4 bottles for a fiver. it works as well, coz you dont wana open another.

this is what i do! theyre on offer in asda atm 4 bottles for a fiver. it works as well, coz you dont wana open another.
Hi rhuba, I'm going to Asda this afternoon I will look for those.

I feel as though, I'm giving up all the food I love and I have given up smoking. I can't give up a glass of wine aswell. There will be nothing to left of who I am anymore!! :(

yeah, it's a bugger.

i think it's entirely possible to lose weight while still having the odd indulgence. i stick to one night of drinking per week, and try not to overdo it. i guess you just need to work out approximately how many calories you consumed in alcohol and go for a long rambling walk on sunday to counteract it. clears your wine headache and gets rid of the calorific evidence!!

the less you drink the less you need, so you'll start getting the same effects of less wine, which is never a bad thing!

have fun xx

I always have a bottle (or 2 :eek: ) of Red wine on a Friday night, I did it all the way through Atkins induction. I don't know whether it stopped me loosing some weigh as I lost weight anyway.

I am going to have my wine at the weekend. I love a bottle on Saturday night.

I have missed it too much over the last two weeks. :cry:

Does anyone know how many calories are in a bottle of wine? :confused:

Thanks Jim.

I have put that website in my favourites. I have got gardening planned on Sunday so I can definately afford the cals in a bottle of wine.

I feel so much better knowing that. :D

Back