Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

wine syns for the party season :)

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by choclategirl1, 13 October 2011 Social URL.

1. choclategirl1

choclategirl1 Member

Hi all, with halloween , bonfire night christmas and new year fastly approaching I am in need of a list of low syn wines. I know lambrini light is 2.5 for 142ml glass as its in the book. I think first cape rose red and white are 12 a bottle (5 % version). I can't see this one online or in my books but I know loads of people have posted its 12 a bottle. Does anyone know any other wines or low syn ciders to widen my range of options.?? Thanks for any help :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW

Basically the lower the alcohol content the lower the syns. Its only because its reduced alcohol that the syns are low - the only syns you are paying for are for the sugar ie alcohol. So just pick something with a low % alcohol (info which they have to provide).

Although personally I find the low-alcohol ones pretty rubbish, same for making spritzers by doing half and half wine and soda water. Id rather just have less of a decent thing tbh, eg alternate between wine/diet coke etc, but its up to you.

4. choclategirl1

choclategirl1 Member

Thank you :) I have been trying to get a dead cert on wine syns so I don't go over. This is my 2nd time on slimming world. The first time I lost really easy. This time I think I am not calculating my wine syns properly and just guessing as I never used to drink. Think I may phone the wine company and ask how many calories are in a glass so I can calculate the syns. Thanks for replying

5. ginlin

ginlin Better to Drink your Syns

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't like any of the low alchohol wines either, but love wine!

Since starting SW, I count a bottle, any colour, including champagne, as 27 syns, because it's then easy to divide into glass sizes, i.e. 250 ml = 9 syns and 125 ml = 4.5 syns, and 175ml = 6 syns

:party0036::party0036::party0036:

6. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Yeah, I find wine the hardest thing to give up. :( I just allow 9 syns per large glass of dry white wine. Thats a pretty standard guideline. They're all much of a muchness syn-wise, that's the nature of alcohol. :) It's de facto 7kcal per g. All they do is add water or other fluids to dilute it (and thus alter the % alcohol)

7. choclategirl1

choclategirl1 Member

Hanks lynne. Will try that guideline . Will try the low alcohol too as I need to save my syns to join in the treats with the kids. Guess I want it all and 12 syns a bottle sounds good . If its awful I will revert back to your idea of syning them all at a standard amount. Thanks :)

8. choclategirl1

choclategirl1 Member

Well...I have a glass of first cape 5.5% white and its ok kind of life a sweet lemonade wine :) I think that will do for me .at 12 syns a bottle its all good :) means I get to have it all lol! And there is red and rose to try too at 12 syns a bottle. Not too hooked on lambrini. Think its 13.5 a bottle at 2.5 for 142 ml glass for the lambrini but its too sweet for me. ..

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.