wine syns for the party season :)

Hi all, with halloween , bonfire night christmas and new year fastly approaching I am in need of a list of low syn wines. I know lambrini light is 2.5 for 142ml glass as its in the book. I think first cape rose red and white are 12 a bottle (5 % version). I can't see this one online or in my books but I know loads of people have posted its 12 a bottle. Does anyone know any other wines or low syn ciders to widen my range of options.?? Thanks for any help :)

Hi all, with halloween , bonfire night christmas and new year fastly approaching I am in need of a list of low syn wines. I know lambrini light is 2.5 for 142ml glass as its in the book. I think first cape rose red and white are 12 a bottle (5 % version). I can't see this one online or in my books but I know loads of people have posted its 12 a bottle. Does anyone know any other wines or low syn ciders to widen my range of options.?? Thanks for any help :)

Basically the lower the alcohol content the lower the syns. Its only because its reduced alcohol that the syns are low - the only syns you are paying for are for the sugar ie alcohol. So just pick something with a low % alcohol (info which they have to provide).

Although personally I find the low-alcohol ones pretty rubbish, same for making spritzers by doing half and half wine and soda water. Id rather just have less of a decent thing tbh, eg alternate between wine/diet coke etc, but its up to you.

Thank you :) I have been trying to get a dead cert on wine syns so I don't go over. This is my 2nd time on slimming world. The first time I lost really easy. This time I think I am not calculating my wine syns properly and just guessing as I never used to drink. Think I may phone the wine company and ask how many calories are in a glass so I can calculate the syns. Thanks for replying

I don't like any of the low alchohol wines either, but love wine!

Since starting SW, I count a bottle, any colour, including champagne, as 27 syns, because it's then easy to divide into glass sizes, i.e. 250 ml = 9 syns and 125 ml = 4.5 syns, and 175ml = 6 syns

:party0036::party0036::party0036:

Yeah, I find wine the hardest thing to give up. :( I just allow 9 syns per large glass of dry white wine. Thats a pretty standard guideline. They're all much of a muchness syn-wise, that's the nature of alcohol. :) It's de facto 7kcal per g. All they do is add water or other fluids to dilute it (and thus alter the % alcohol)

Hanks lynne. Will try that guideline . Will try the low alcohol too as I need to save my syns to join in the treats with the kids. Guess I want it all and 12 syns a bottle sounds good . If its awful I will revert back to your idea of syning them all at a standard amount. Thanks :)

Well...I have a glass of first cape 5.5% white and its ok kind of life a sweet lemonade wine :) I think that will do for me .at 12 syns a bottle its all good :) means I get to have it all lol! And there is red and rose to try too at 12 syns a bottle. Not too hooked on lambrini. Think its 13.5 a bottle at 2.5 for 142 ml glass for the lambrini but its too sweet for me. ..

Back