Wine

LessofLou

I can only find the points for weightwatchers wine in the new book. Can anyone tell me the points for normal (dry) white and red wine per 100ml. Thanks

A bottle is 7 points :)

Thats great!!! Thanks!! I can have more than I thought......(hope I didnt just say that out loud!) x

Hey starlight, I've seen a few times on here that a bottle of wine is 7 points, I work it out to be nine. I'd really love it to be seven.

I got points from e source which is 2.5 per 250ml. As a bottle is 750ml that would be 7.5 ( which I presume is the rounding up? ) Its first WI tomorrow night so I guess Ill know for sure then!!! x

I thought a 125ml glass of regular, i.e. not ww wine, is 1.5points? that would make a bottle 9 points..

In my book (which tbh is old) it states; 'wine, light or low alcohol, medium wine glass, 175ml = 1/2' ... 'wine, red, rose or white, medium wine glass, 175ml = 2'

this is from 2007 tbh! So guessing that works out about 9... but like i say it's 3 years old, so guessing it might of come down a bit and works out now as 7?? i dunno! :(

Putting two and two together......I thought a bottle of WW wine was about 6 pts? That wouldn't really make it worth buying if it wasn't significantly less than usual wine. As in - if a 'real bottle' was only 7pts, why would WW make their own for just 1pt less?

WW wine is also less abv than most wines so I reckon 9pts is probably right for a bottle of 'real wine'. I have always calculated it at 9pts per bottle.

Sorry to put a downer on things!

actually when I went to WW classes the class leader told everyone to avoid WW wine because it wasnt worth it lol People were drinking it thinking it was miles less than regular wine and worth while and she said they had discussed this sooo many times at area meetings that what was the point when it was only 1/1.5 points less than 'normal' wine. She always said you were better having real wine at 7.5 points than WW at 6

A bottle of dry white wine has around 500 cals - no sat fat - so 7/7.5 points

Last edited:
actually when I went to WW classes the class leader told everyone to avoid WW wine because it wasnt worth it lol People were drinking it thinking it was miles less than regular wine and worth while and she said they had discussed this sooo many times at area meetings that what was the point when it was only 1/1.5 points less than 'normal' wine. She always said you were better having real wine at 7.5 points than WW at 6

A bottle of dry white wine has around 500 cals - no sat fat - so 7 points

lol definitely true!! thanks for clearing it up :)

Back