Wine???

princessfiona

I really miss my Saturday night glass of wine or 2. Since starting on CD 6 weeks ago I havnt had any.

What would a couple of glasses of wine do?
Would it knock me out of ketosis? Would it mean I woudnt loose any weight this week?

Should I really stay off till after I have finnished??

Any thoughts gratefully received!!

When I watched the LT video with Mini, it said that drinking any kind of alcohol will knock you out of ketosis.

Wine, is after all fermented grapes and contains various sugars.

Im not sure exactly why or what happens but it does knock you out of ketosis.

Pierce

Not only would it knock you out of ketosis but just imagine what what drinking whilst on a VLCD could do to you. It would be equivilant of drinking whilst on perscription drugs :eek:

But apart from all that the biggest point I wanted to raise was...

How can having a few glasses of wine be worth jepardising your diet for :confused:

And boy is the hangover bad.

Where you would normally be able to drink a couple of glasses of wine and be okay, after being on a VLCD, your body is detoxed and the alcohol will hit you really hard.

Its just not worth it.

And boy is the hangover bad.

Where you would normally be able to drink a couple of glasses of wine and be okay, after being on a VLCD, your body is detoxed and the alcohol will hit you really hard.

Its just not worth it.

Interesting ive never thought of it like that.

As well your drinking water all the time it will be absorbed faster, your not used to drinking alcohol either.

Pierce

get the picture................... I will not have any wine!!! Never mind only 3 months to go!!:mad:

Hey please don't be sad. :(

This is you just putting yourself and your needs first and that is a very positive thing to do and somethingto be proud of :)

Just think, you could fund some lovely new smaller clothes AND be doing yourself some physical good at the same time :cool:

I have made myself sound a bit of a wino!! To put it into perspective - DH works 2 on 2 off (he's on the rigs) He is therefore only home 2 saturdays in 4. On those 2 saturdays we often (not always) have one bottle of wine. I am a bit mean (scottish!!) so only pay about £4 for a bottle of wine. That makes a total of £8 a month!! I could start saving it but it wont go far!!

Thanks for all your kind comments. Its this forum that keeps me going!!

I would say that the problem with drinking is not only that it knocks you out of ketosis it fuels the chatterbox voices that say, oh just a bit of a cracker, just a slice of cheese and before you know it you've had a three course meal!!! If possible, avoid alcohol. You work so hard at losing dont do what i've done and put 2lbs back on over bank holiday through picking and drinking!
OUCH

TBH the problem I have with people drinking alcohol whilst in ketosis is that I've heard horror stories of it doing nasty things to your body and people being really ill on it!

Just so not worth taking the risk of a hospital visit, I reckon!

Back