wish i had stayed off scales

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by letitia3705, 21 September 2009 Social URL.

1. letitia3705

letitia3705 Full Member

I am on my 5th week now and up until now have not been obsessed with the scales. 3 days from weigh in and the scales have not moved so ive went all fed up now. I am going to put them in the loft now. was a bit put off this morning but sticking with it. You just want the scales to move due to calorie intake but i do understand that our bodies need to catch up.

curlywurly1234 likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Guru

Guru Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(16.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Aw that sucks, it will go down though.

I am bad and go on my scales twice a day. I admire anyone who can put their scales away because I can't!

4. *butterfly*

*butterfly* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge (ish)
    Know that feeling hun. I'm a scale addict but I manage not to let it get to me too much if not moving, almost makes me more determined to stick at it and see the numbers change! They've tricked me a few times when i thought i'd not moved then at WI have had a reasonable loss, so you never know. Keep going, it will keep coming off...Have you drunk enough water? xx

5. JimmyShoo

JimmyShoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(27.32%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Get lots and lots of water down and you will see movement on WI day. Are you pre-menstrual ( i am assuming you are female) that can make you slower. Good Luck hon xx

6. Tif

Tif Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Diet:
    CD
    I'm also addicted to the scales - that will be my next challenge - at the moment im trying desperately to stick to no nibbling and no cheating so one challenge at a time!!

*butterfly* - you've done really really well! I've got similar stats to you - hope i do as well as you!

7. letitia3705

letitia3705 Full Member

thanks everyone. Will concentrate on water. feel like im drinking it all the time but will go back to measuring again. I could be retaining water as tom might be due. water, water and more

8. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey hon
    Just wanted to say do not get disheartned..
    I have been doing cd for over 7 months now and I was a scaleaholic (if thats such a word)lol....
    My scales always used to play tricks on me and would never move until the day before weigh in..
    Keep glugging your water and stick with it as it will come off..... and if its not this week it will be the next week..
    Always look at the bigger picture... If for any reason you have a smaller loss this week you are likely to have a bigger loss the week after.
    Hang in there your doing fab x

9. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    It's really hard to not get on the scales, but you have to think, what's the point of weighing yourself everyday or twice a day - there are lots of factors that can affect the reading, but the least likely (and the only one that matters) is fat loss. That is not going to change hourly, so why torture yourself. Once a week for me and no more.

10. letitia3705

letitia3705 Full Member

yes your right. Im torturing myself and should wait until weekly weigh in. It is only fat loss im interested in. feel better thanks to you all.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.