Wish id found this sooner!!!

MamaC

Silver Member
Hi all :) like the title says I wish I had found this section sooner!

A little about me, I'm Cec I'm 27 and have a 3 yr old son and a 2 yr old son! Iv been big since I was 13 but never as big as I was after having 2 kids back to back :(
When I jumped on the scales for the start of my diet I was 17:12 :( I was devastated by it and knew I had to do something! I have tried calorie counting and exercise so many times and only last a week or 2 so I knew I had I go drastic this time, I found vlcd slim and save and I'm doing pretty well on it on day 115!
Iv lost 4 stone but still have a long way to go yet to be where I want to be! Iv also managed to get my OH on it too so we can do this together!

Iv found I'm starting to hit a depression wall though now, as all though the scales are moving I'm not dropping dress sizes!? I think the only place I'm losing it is my bum and thighs :( iv noticed severe horrible skin wrinkling!

Iv been reading through some of the posts here and you are all so inspiring :) xx

Welcome and wow congrats on your 4stone loss, that's amazing!!! Hehe. It will come off in the end keep at it, mix it up a little, drink more water, do a little more exercise to get the fat moving. Good luck Hun xxx

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.'' 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11

Thank you both :) iv still got 5 stone to go yet but I'm getting a big worried about the excess skin now :(

Iv just bout the 30 day shred DVD goin to start in on Friday :)
I'm off on holiday in September so I'd like to be thinner by then xx

why not join the team 50 christmas challenge, all the girls and the one male in there are super supportive, in fact 3 of them have repiled here, including me :) we are aiming for 50lbs off by dec 22nd which is 32 weeks meaning a 1.5 lb loss a week to get there. its very reachable! good luck xxx

Thanks hun think I will join it :) does it have to be 50lbs? I would love to be able to ask for money to go hopping in the sales for Xmas :) xx

Thanks hun think I will join it :) does it have to be 50lbs? I would love to be able to ask for money to go hopping in the sales for Xmas :) xx

It can be any amount you like but as 50lbs is going to be super easy we have all opted for that in the hope we can reach it and beat it :) well I have anyway! Add your name to the list when you can and update when you weigh in. Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya! Well done on losing 4 stone, that's great. :) In terms of loose skin, you need to lose weight quite slowly to avoid it, otherwise it's more or less inevitable unfortunately, and only surgery will get rid of it. So I'd just say take your time, lose a pound or two a week and you should be able to minimise the impact. :) xx

Thank you :)

Unfortunately I didn't realise until my first month on my diet about the skin side effects :( but I love my diet it's the first one I have ever stuck to :)
I'm going to try an up the exercise a little and try ultrasonic lipo see if that will help any before it all gets too bad!!! Xx

MamaC said:
Thank you :)

Unfortunately I didn't realise until my first month on my diet about the skin side effects :( but I love my diet it's the first one I have ever stuck to :)
I'm going to try an up the exercise a little and try ultrasonic lipo see if that will help any before it all gets too bad!!! Xx

Oh that's a shame, but it's a small price to pay. Mine isn't too bad because it's taken me 20 months to lose 8st 5lbs, but I'll certainly never be wearing short sleeved tops or a swimsuit again, lol. :) xx

It's much easier to hide loose skin with clothing than hiding fat. I have maybe another 14 stone to lose and I will be left with loads of loose skin but on the outside I will be MUCH slimmer, and underneath my clothes it doesn't matter because my OH loves me as big as I am now and will love me when I'm thinner with loose skin :)

toxicsgrl said:
It's much easier to hide loose skin with clothing than hiding fat. I have maybe another 14 stone to lose and I will be left with loads of loose skin but on the outside I will be MUCH slimmer, and underneath my clothes it doesn't matter because my OH loves me as big as I am now and will love me when I'm thinner with loose skin :)

That's absolutely right! You might even be able to get removal surgery funded by the NHS, some people do. :) xx

Oh that's a shame, but it's a small price to pay. Mine isn't too bad because it's taken me 20 months to lose 8st 5lbs, but I'll certainly never be wearing short sleeved tops or a swimsuit again, lol. :) xx

The problem is I'm going to Florida in September and wanted to wear a swimsuit and vest tops :( I might have to see if I can find a tankini with shorts or some surfer shorts to cover my bum/thigh tops! Xx

Very true it is easier to hide the skin than the fat! Thankfully my OH is a very big guy and is losing weight with me :) so he knows all to well how I will look afterwards! He has said that he will help me to do anything needed for me to be happy in my body! Even if that means putting our wedding on hold to pay for surgery :( just wish the thought of surgery didn't scare me to death xx

MamaC said:
Very true it is easier to hide the skin than the fat! Thankfully my OH is a very big guy and is losing weight with me :) so he knows all to well how I will look afterwards! He has said that he will help me to do anything needed for me to be happy in my body! Even if that means putting our wedding on hold to pay for surgery :( just wish the thought of surgery didn't scare me to death xx

Yes I must admit I wouldn't have the surgery myself, it's a major procedure with a lot of potential dangers from infection, and I've got enough health problems as it is, lol. :) xx

I think if I didn't have two young children to look after I might actually consider it but I have to think of them first xx

MamaC said:
I think if I didn't have two young children to look after I might actually consider it but I have to think of them first xx

Oh absolutely, you'll be so much healthier from having lost the weight you wouldn't want to jeopardise that if you've got children, but at the end of the day it's everyone's individual choice. :) xx

Iv been looking at something called love lipo and they also do cellulite and skin tightening so I might have to look into that more before I make any drastic choices xx

Morning all :)

Had a very yummy tea last night turkey mince and veg:) makes me wonder why I didn't eat like this before! If I had I would have been thin years ago lol
I wish I'd known about vlcd a while ago too! It really ha been the best thing iv ever done, maybe coz it's the only thing iv stuck too :)
How's everyone else today? Xx

Morning all :)

Had a very yummy tea last night turkey mince and veg:) makes me wonder why I didn't eat like this before! If I had I would have been thin years ago lol
I wish I'd known about vlcd a while ago too! It really ha been the best thing iv ever done, maybe coz it's the only thing iv stuck too :)
How's everyone else today? Xx

i love turkey mince, its delish with carrots, celery, onions, tom puree and chilli flakes. its like a super healthy chilli con carne :)

its surprising how good healthy food tastes :) have a great day xxx

Really not having a great time of it lately :( the OH made cake with the kids the other day so obviously me being me ate loads of it coz it was there and staring at me :(
I'm also getting really depressed about my loose skin and tummy etc I know they can be covered with clothes but I have spent years covering up to hide my fat :( I didn't want to have to keep covered when I'm thin too!!!
The OH is trying so hard to cheer me up, he said we will sort out anything we can to get me happy in my body! I think I'm going to be one of those awful ppl who are never happy with themselves though!
Sorry rant over now :( xx

Back