Total Solution Wisney Diary: Updated 05/05/11

Wisney

05/05/11

A week and 3 days

Ok guys. So doing the total solution and no carbs was TOO HARD. I fell off it on day 4. BUT, and this is a big but, I have been dieting non stop since I started Exante :)
I have kept my calories under 1000 each day and on most days I equal between 600-800 too.

I did find that if I don't eat all day and have all my shakes after 6 oclock, then I can do the Total Solution, but that's only on some days (yesterday for instance).

If I know I'm not gonna do a total day or even a 2 shake + meal day, then I won't have a shake as it seems a bit of a waste.
I'll usually try to just have 2 meals that are quite low cal on and keep my calories low.

THE NUMBER ONE THING I'VE BEEN DOING (AND I'M V,V,V PROUD OF MYSELF) IS AVOIDING ALL SWEETS/CHOC/JUNK. I told my mum not to bring annnnny junk into the house, and bar a few bits for herself, she's been so good at this. I know that I can't resist the urge to eat it if it's in the cupboards, and so I told her that it can't be in the house. I've treated my sugar addiction like an alcoholic would treat drink, it just can't be around. Occassionally i might have a nibble of something my mum has, but it literally is a TINY bit and that's it. I haven't bought any sweets, and I've bought 88 calorie weight watchers deserts to have after dinner sometimes. I honestly feel better than I have done in YEARS, I'm just glad that I've began to treat my addiction properly.

I know that the hard part is gonna be when something bad happens, cos food is my go to, so I've decided that if I feel i need that food comfort, I am going to have PLANNED binges where I will write down what I'm going to buy and set aside that day to eat it if I want to. That way I'm still in control of what's going on and I know that it's ok to do this because I planned it, and the day after I can go back to how I was. If I feel like I need the comfort again, I will plan another day for the next week. It's the lack of control when bingeing that scares me because you feel like you can't stop, so I feel like if I need to do it, then I'm going to do it on my terms.
I have my last drama school audition in a few weeks, and if that goes badly (which I expect it will), then I am going to plan a binge for that. I'm guessing though that I won't be able to eat anywhere near as much as I think I want, so it might not be that bad a binge at all in reality.

I've also been incorporating Eat Stop Eat, which for those of you who don't know, is a program based on the health benefits of intermittent fasting. Basically, you choose 24 hours to not eat once or twice a week to give your system a break, lose weight, boost your release of growth hormone (which is great for building muscle, which is what I'm weight training for) and quite a few other health benefits aswell. I usually start it after I've eaten a meal the night before, so say, 6 oclock in the evening, and then I'll have my next meal at 6 oclock the next evening, so you're sleeping through the hardest part of the fast. You do get better weight loss results if you fast a whole complete day, but sometimes it's just not practical or doable.

So yeah guys, Total Solution 24/7 was not for me, but once or twice a week with low calorie days and fasting days in between, with NO junk or sweets or crap (except for my Weight Watchers desserts) has left me feeling great inside for the first time in years. My mum has noticed my weight loss (1 stone so far :D) and I can see it too. It just feels so nice to feel in control of what I'm eating for once instead of being a slave to my emotional responses. And it's weird to feel better without sweets and sugar when you eat them to feel better in the first place. It's quite ironic (don't you think? A little too ironic? Yeah, I really do think).

So yeah, go me! :D :D :D

p.s. My weight training is going well, but I hate that my right arm is looking bigger than my left atm. Like I know it will even itself out, but I'm worried it will be noticeable for quite a while as I'm building more muscle.

25/04/11

End of Day 1

Ok, so it's the end of my first day on Exante. I have to say, all in all, a quite ok experience. I always think the worst part of any diet is usually the first day, and if you can make it through that, then the other days aren't so hard. I'm hoping it stays true for this! I liked the shakes, but wasn't too fond of the banana flavour as it sort of just tasted like pure whey protein powder. I like the sort of powdery taste of the shakes tbh. The fact that they're not sweet has stopped me from craving sugar (which was always the problem on Slim-Fast), so I can enjoy the shake but not have that 'omg, i could so with something else sweet' feeling. The vanilla is the best in my opinion, followed by strawberry and then chocolate. Chocolate was a bit suspect at first, but it was ok. Like I said, I like the lack of sweetness and flavour, it's stopping me from craving. I did have 4 shakes today just to try them all, but I think 3 should defo be enough for tomorrow. I didn't feel hungry really, I just felt a little bit light headed before each shake time. The shakes really do fill you up though, I was surprised. And omg, water really is the key to everything. The tip about drinking water right after your shake really helps the shake go down properly and not give you a stomach ache. Also, any pangs of hunger or appetite or headache or anything were cured with water. I tried to drink a glass every hour. Usually everytime I went into the kitchen I drank a glass or two and then refilled it and took it back to my bedroom with me. I'm trying to make it a habit. I had some coke zero, but oddly enough, it made me crave a little bit, so i don't think i'm gonna try anything other than water for a while

I have to say, taking my comfort food out of the equation has made me face a lot of my sadness already and it's quite hard to sort of face the reality of things when you don't have a chocolate bar to run to to try and fill you up emotionally. I get a feeling that that's gonna be an ongoing struggle and that I'm gonna feel worse and worse emotionally, which will be ironic as I'm guessing I'm gonna start to feel better and better physically. I am looking at it this way though: my weight has been a factor in some of my sadness and the knock-on effect it's had, so by removing that obstacle, i'm opening myself up to more opportunities of progress and happiness in the future'.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow now :) And I might leave my weight training til the end of the week, because I don't feel very motivated to do it and Exante does say to give it a bit of time for you to adjust. I'll see how I feel tomorrow :)

24/04/11

Ok so this is going to be my Exante diary. I'm not exactly sure how to best update it, like I guess it would be best to keep updating the very first post, that way it'll be easier for people to read it.

Tomorrow is my very first day of Exante :) I'm scared, excited, nervous, anxious, etc. I'm very much hoping that this will be the key to a healthier and more gorgeous me, lolll. I think the abstinence is the key here, it will stop me from losing my control while trying to moderate food. I'm re-starting my weight training program tomorrow too, so I can tone and hopefully build some muscle. I am hoping to lose at least 3 stone of body fat by the 1st of July, and I'm hoping that my age (22) and gender (male, obvs, lol) will hopefully give help me get to my goal on time.

I'm going to update this entry tomorrow with my feelings of the day and then from then on, I will update it every Monday with my results for the week and my feelings of the week. Looking forward to the journey guys!

So, here are my stats:

Height: 5" 7
Weight: 14 stone
Waist: 39 inches

Goal Weight: 9st
Waist: 29.95 inches

Last edited:
Good luck!

Btw, I update my journal simply by doing a reply... I believe that's how it's usually done on minimins, but of course, you can update however you see fit.

I'm no on Exante, but I admire anybody who takes up that diet. Good luck to you- I hope you get the results you seek!

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck! :Dx

Welcome and good luck

xx

New update guys. Rmbr, I'll always edit the first post so that the update is the first thing you see xxx

Eek, I'm sorry! I just thought it would be better to have all the updates right at the beginning.

Ahhh on most diaries people just reply to the post :) glad you are doing well with the weight loss though :)
Guess you are following along the simple solution lines
I don't know anything about fasting so can't comment on that part
Good luck

Lol, most people think 'fasting! ur gna die!' but it's only like 24 hrs twice a week, it's got all kinds of health benefits to it. The guy who wrote the book i read 'eat stop eat' was a former bodybuilder and he went back to uni to get a degree in nutrition and this is what he found out basicaly after all his post-grad research. He's honestly the guy i trust more than anything when it comes to health and fitness.

Back