Wk 2 of maintenance

tenney 75

Hi guys, just updating that I'm now coming to end of week 2 and lost another 2lb. I'm pleased with this as I'm not looking for 'big' losses now but the power to control the weight I've reached give or take a few lb's. I'm still having 3 exante shakes a day but adding a meal for tea and I've introduced milk back into hot drinks. Last week at Starbucks I enjoyed a large skinny cappuccino- yum! For meals I'm mostly having a chicken breast marinated with herbs spices etc or a piece of fish sat on a bed of spinach. I'm snacking on celery sticks with extra light Philadelphia and babybel lights( only 1 day) It was my birthday last wk and for some reason was inundated with chocolate so I'm allowing myself one choc a day as a test of my self control and I have to say I'm doing really well. I like the power I have to say 1 is enough and just focus on my new figure. Plus anymore than 1does make me feel abit sickly ( I'm hoping this feeling will last ha!) other than the chocolate I'm avoiding all my old pitfalls that led me on a downward spiral ie red wine,but just for now! Amazingly I've also found I'm actually craving proteiny things rather than carbs. My shakes still tackle my sweet craving so I'm wanting more savoury things.
Anyway enough for now, if anyone else is going through maintenance would love to hear how you are managing x

Hi Tenney
Well done on making it to maintenance! I'm hoping to join you by the beginning of December (although started a thread already in the maintenance section because I just can't wait!)
Sounds like you're making really sensible choices... originally I was planning to maintain using atkins or something similar, but I've realised that if there are foods that are 'banned' I'll end up going off track, so your plan of having things like chocolate in moderation seems much more realistic!

LastEverDiet said:
Hi Tenney
Well done on making it to maintenance! I'm hoping to join you by the beginning of December (although started a thread already in the maintenance section because I just can't wait!)
Sounds like you're making really sensible choices... originally I was planning to maintain using atkins or something similar, but I've realised that if there are foods that are 'banned' I'll end up going off track, so your plan of having things like chocolate in moderation seems much more realistic!

Wow that's not long at all. Well done! I look forward to reading how you get in for inspiration :)

Likewise! :D We can inspire each other!
Just have to get there first, agree its not long now til December 1st so I'd better behave myself for the next few weeks! Have started buying a few bits and pieces in a size 14 which is what I should be by then, as way of motivation :D

Back