Wk9-diarrhoea, heartburn n about to vomit

chele80

On a mission
I went to bed last night feeling like I wanted to throw up.

All night I've had really bad heartburn.

About 5.30am I got diarrhoea and felt like I wanted to be sick.

I'm on sips of water now as I still feel I'll vomit anything heavier like my shake.

This isn't part of CD right? Any ideas?
Bleugh

i believe that you might have the bug! ems started wed night at around 11pm. screaming with her tummy hurting since then she's thrown up and has smelly poos. wasn't pleasant bless her.

I've got it hun - although havn't been sick - feel very sick and had the other - I had to eat last night as felt so crap and had no energy so had an omelette. Very lethargic today and feel really run down - get lots of rest hun x

Great!!

My 8 month old has been ill 11 days with bronchiolitis and tomorrow is my husbands birthday and i was planning on eating :-(

Just been to the loo again-seriously there can't be much left now! That's 4 times now. Still not vomited but just feel like I will.

I've texted my CDC as well to ask her opinion. Can't stomach a shake :-(
Might copy and have an omelette for tea if I can face it

If its a bug you need to strave it 24 hours , but drink still . and no eggs ,

Thanks everyone

Little one has finally gone down for a nap so I've got 40 mins of lying still on the sofa
Had a few more sips of water. Feel ok for ten mins then feel like I'm going to chunder everywhere for the next ten. Not sure if I'll go to the loo again as I am pretty sure my tank is now empty! Nice!

I hope it's just a 24 hr thing.

Three of my boys and my husband have had this this week, as has my sister, nephew etc etc and if it is the same as they have had then it is thankfully short lived. All the children have vomited and the adults have just felt really sick and had diarrhoea. BUT the good news is that everyone is back on top form again within 24 hrs (even quicker with the children) so hopefully you will perkier soon. xxx

If its a bug you need to strave it 24 hours , but drink still . and no eggs ,

Hi Ms JMC

I'm sorry but I have to totally disagree with this recommendation as it is completely against modern medical advice. Also not sure where you got the idea that eggs are not allowed with diarrhoea.

Current guidance for diarrahoea is:
  • As a rough guide, drink at least 200 mls after each bout of diarrhoea (after each watery stool).
  • This extra fluid is in addition to what you would normally drink. For example, an adult will normally drink about two litres a day, but more in hot countries. The above '200 mls after each bout of diarrhoea' is in addition to this usual amount that you would drink.
  • If you vomit, wait 5-10 minutes and then start drinking again, but more slowly. For example, a sip every 2-3 minutes, but making sure that your total intake is as described above.
  • For most adults, fluids drunk to keep hydrated should mainly be water. But, ideally, include some fruit juice and/or soup. It is best not to have drinks that contain a lot of sugar such as cola or pop as they can sometimes make diarrhoea worse.
  • Rehydration drinks are only recommended for people who are frail, or over the age of 60, or who have underlying health problems.
  • Eat as normally as possible It used to be advised to 'starve' for a while if you had infectious diarrhoea. However, now it is advised to eat small, light meals if you can. Be guided by your appetite. You may not feel like food and most adults can do without food for a few days. Eat as soon as you are able - but don't stop drinking. If you do feel like eating, avoid fatty, spicy or heavy food at first. Plain foods such as wholemeal bread and rice are good foods to try eating first.
Hope you feel better soon hon.

If you have a bug you don't fed the bug , ask you doctor

Hi Ms JMC

I'm sorry but I have to totally disagree with this recommendation as it is completely against modern medical advice. Also not sure where you got the idea that eggs are not allowed with diarrhoea.

Current guidance for diarrahoea is:
  • As a rough guide, drink at least 200 mls after each bout of diarrhoea (after each watery stool).
  • This extra fluid is in addition to what you would normally drink. For example, an adult will normally drink about two litres a day, but more in hot countries. The above '200 mls after each bout of diarrhoea' is in addition to this usual amount that you would drink.
  • If you vomit, wait 5-10 minutes and then start drinking again, but more slowly. For example, a sip every 2-3 minutes, but making sure that your total intake is as described above.
  • For most adults, fluids drunk to keep hydrated should mainly be water. But, ideally, include some fruit juice and/or soup. It is best not to have drinks that contain a lot of sugar such as cola or pop as they can sometimes make diarrhoea worse.
  • Rehydration drinks are only recommended for people who are frail, or over the age of 60, or who have underlying health problems.
  • Eat as normally as possible It used to be advised to 'starve' for a while if you had infectious diarrhoea. However, now it is advised to eat small, light meals if you can. Be guided by your appetite. You may not feel like food and most adults can do without food for a few days. Eat as soon as you are able - but don't stop drinking. If you do feel like eating, avoid fatty, spicy or heavy food at first. Plain foods such as wholemeal bread and rice are good foods to try eating first.
Hope you feel better soon hon.

It seems like its a bug , as its going about , go to your doctor they will say 24 hours to starve the bug .
But up the water .
As I know been there many times with my kids like this .

The above post is from the current guidance for GPs ( I have access to through a work database) for adult diarrhoea so not sure why your GP is advising a "starve".

Goreygirl
You seem to have gone awfully quiet , I really don't like being Judged , having to give you this info to put my point across !

Let's not argue ladies please x

I'm waiting for my CDC to phone again, she's in a conference.

I've finally vomited. God knows how as my stomach is practically empty. I know I need to drink more but it just made me feel so sick. I feel better now I've vomited but am sure it's only short lived.

I really hope it's just a 24 hour bug

Hope you feel better ! ho don't worry i'm not arguing :)

Let's not argue ladies please x

I'm waiting for my CDC to phone again, she's in a conference.

I've finally vomited. God knows how as my stomach is practically empty. I know I need to drink more but it just made me feel so sick. I feel better now I've vomited but am sure it's only short lived.

I really hope it's just a 24 hour bug
There seems to be alot going about , lady over the road had this she is old and had to go into hospital . Just make sure your ok !

Just to add my kidneys/back is sore now. Could be just from sitting down all day/retching/pooping lots?

remember BRAT when you feel better. advice for kids -

Bananas
Rice
Apples
Toast

As weird as it sounds, I am petrified to eat anything cause of CD and also cause I'm pretty sure it won't stay down. Just vomited again. I've puked up more water than has gone in. Too scared to drink now but know it'll only make it worse so I'll drink lots n just have to put up with the puking.

Back