Wobbly - but not for long!

Wobbly

Okay, think am going to have to start some kind of diary, as keep wanting to post daft things like - ooh, I actually like the Chic and Mushroom now. And prob people would get sick of me clogging up the Cambridge board.

Am currently on day 7, the first 5 days were blummin hard, but now I feel..... fine! It helps no doubt, that I lost 12lbs :eek: in my first weigh in this morning!

Just want to also keep a record of all the challenges that I overcome, so I can read over them when I'm a svelt size 12, and remind myself how much work this was, so I don't just go back ot my old habits (oh, I'm a bit peckish, I'll just have 4 slices of toast).

Today me and my lovely husband managed a 5 mile walk - was intended as a bit of a Sunday stroll, but we just, um, kept going! Now at the end of something like this previously, we would 'reward' ourselves for all our hard work, by finding a nice pub and having a late lunch/ early dinner and a couple of bottles of nice wine. Don't get me wrong, he would be happy with a coffee and a snack - it would be me that would want to go and eat and drink. However today, after about 3 miles, I was beginning to flag, and then realised that we weren't going to get our nice treat. Que, grumpy Wobbly. However when I realised that this kind of change equals slim me, then I started to cheer up, and managed to satisfy myself with a black coffee and a bottle of water at Costa. And then home (on the bus!) for a Chic and Mush soup. I know it might not sound like a lot, but HOW pleased with myself am I :D

Mantra of the Day - If my habits are fat habits, then that's what I'll be till I change em!

Congratulations on Your First weeks weight loss of 12lbs.!!!

Hi Wobbly,

Mega congratulations on losing 12lbs.!!!!!!!:D :D :D

That is a brill first week and what an incentive to keep going.

I think 5 miles is a lot:eek: It is just about right as any longer I find you get too tired and might not be as inclined to do it again.

You must be pretty fit now to be able to walk that much!!!

Post away on the boards and no you won't clog up the boards...

The diary is great for keeping record of your own personal journey and it is interesting later on to read over it...

I hope you have done your before photos and measurements as with the weight coming off so fast it is nice to know just how many inches you have lost.

This week should be so much easier now that you are in ketosis.

Love Mini xxx

You have every right to be pleased with yourself.
You were good.
And just think as the weeks go on and the weight comes off the walks get easer.I know from experance,as when I first started taking Belle my dog to the end of the road was enough for me now we walk miles and when on our holiday in July I walked up hill that I said I would never be able to manage,but when at the top chatting to hubby all the way and not needing oxygen I felt so good.the best feeling are from getting slim lots better then food.
Congrats on you good weight loss another reason to be pleased with yourself.
Keep it up.These smiley times as i call them help loads when you hit a bad time,keep writing them down so you have them to reread.
love libbie x
love libbie x

Keep up the great work. You are doing smashing!

I love my diary thread, it really gives me an incentive to keep going, I have a read through when Im a bit low and it makes me chuckle too!

Loved your mantra too x

Oh, such sore legs today. But worth it.

Used the BMR BMR Calculator that Russiandoll kindly posted on another post, and worked out how much I will loose approximately per week for my height, age etc. It's 3.6lbs, which is a fab loss, but if I want to hurry it up a bit, I simply need to be more active. Need to be careful though, as don't want to end up absolutely really tired and then getting hungry, so my plan is to take a pack shortly before any exercise, and then soon after so no munchy attacks. If I go from lightly active to moderately - i.e, so do more! Then its up to 4.25lbs a week.

Today have very odd craving for those baked beans with sausages in the tin. Weird. Haven't eaten this since I was a poor student - odd, odd, odd.

Not surprised your legs hurt :)

Well done though - 5 miles is pretty amazing!! My dog would love a walk that long so I need to get myself as fit as you!!

How are you finding CD? What are your favourite flavours?

Tinned baked beans and sausages - my kids love them!!!

Well, the 5 miles certainly wasn't planned!

So far my fav ones are Banana both tetra and pack and prob the chic and mush soup. Didn't get a huge amount of flavours, as never thought about it till I got there, but can't wait to try the toffee and walnut, and the choc mint. Mmmm. Liking the shakes prob more than the soups - LOVING the banana muffin I had the other day.

Don't see my CDC till a week on Friday, but am planning what flavours to get already!

Okay, had quite a hard day yesterday, as the food monsters were after me. Wanted to munch on a Boots Shapers tuna and salad baguette. Well, at least I'm getting urges to eat healthy food! Didn't let anything pass my lips except my lovely packs and black coffee and mucho water.

Thing thats helping me majorly I think is the fact that I have a planned cheat if you see what I mean. Its my hubbies B-day on 06/12, so we're going to go out for dinner for that - I'm going to be sensible, and avoid carbs, only have one or two glasses of wine, but from then on I'm going to do the steps up till christmas, so I can eat christmas dinner. Then after the new year, I'm going to see where I am, and go back to Cambridge, or possibly WW as I'll probably want to be a little bit under a BMI 25, and won't be able to SS after this. But I KNOW by December I'm going to have lost the majority of the wobblyness - and whilst I may be a little bit overweight still, it'll be plump, rather than the obese I am now! I AM going to be sensible though - if I want a mince pie, I'll have one - just not a box of em! And take some tetras to drink if I feel myself loosing it! Seems a little odd that I'm planning what I'm going to eat in December now, but in my head its working, as I have a time line, so when I'm tempted, I can just say - come on girl, you only have so many weeks till.... do you still want to be this size then?

Things I working towards:

Wearing a nice fashionable outfit at Christmas at my inlaws, that reflects my taste and style, rather than just what I fit into

Wearing nice pretty lingere for my lovely hubbie on his birthday

Going out dancing on the Christmas nights out and not getting all fat person sweaty on the dance floor

Feeling comfortable wondering round in my PJ's on Christmas morning as everyone else does at my inlaws, and not worrying about people seeing my wobby bum without its strict covering of strong material

NOT avoiding family/ group pics, as I don't want to make them look rubbish/ be the biggest person in the shot.

I can do it because I am a strong intellegent woman - and I get what I want! So there food monsters!

[quote=Wobbly;29678]

Feeling comfortable wondering round in my PJ's on Christmas morning as everyone else does at my inlaws, and not worrying about people seeing my wobby bum without its strict covering of strong material

:D :D :D :D that made me smile sorryxknow how you feel xxc

I definitely know what you mean about family photos -its always rather demoralising for me seeing pictures of myself - I like to think that I am voluptuous but the photos keep showing me a fat lady It would be good to look at a photo of me without wincing

Things I working towards:

Wearing a nice fashionable outfit at Christmas at my inlaws, that reflects my taste and style, rather than just what I fit into

Wearing nice pretty lingere for my lovely hubbie on his birthday

Going out dancing on the Christmas nights out and not getting all fat person sweaty on the dance floor

NOT avoiding family/ group pics, as I don't want to make them look rubbish/ be the biggest person in the shot.

I can do it because I am a strong intellegent woman - and I get what I want! So there food monsters.

Wonderful goals to work towards!!!

Love Mini xxx

Two weeks done!

And another 5lbs off! So 17lbs now altogether! I am now probably the lightest I've been in about 2 years :D

Bit of a hard week, as my brains going, its not fair, I want a glass of wine/ baguette for lunch/ spag bol for dinner. I keep thinking about the taste of these things though, rather than just the I want, so I'm managing to get through, as I'm remembering the way I feel after having these things. For instance - stayed to do some overtime yesterday afternoon - do this fairly often - but would usually use this as an excuse to stuff myself all afternoon - so I would usually have a cheese and pickle baguette from the canteen, a large cup of home made soup, then a packet of crisps and a bar of choc before going home and having my dinner. And this would all be from 2pm :eek: . No wonder I'm on Cambridge now :eek: ANd I would feel kind of ashamed. I would get home and H woud say, oh are you hungry, do you want dinner - yes, would be the answer. What did you have for lunch - would reply, oh just a soup and sandwich. The baguettes they sell at work are massive! Enough really for two. And a costa takeaway size cup of soup. Hardly just a soup and sandwich. Thats before I nibble all afternoon.

I'm getting a copy of Gillain McKeiths you are what you eat to read for when I come off Cambridge, and also read up about GI principles a bit. When I finish Cambridge I am going to NOT pile it all back on, and I'm going to learn more about what is good for me, and eat what I need to keep me healthy and fit.

Another aim -

I want to wear high heel boots with jeans, not just ballerina pumps or flat boots cos my feet get too sore other wise, as they're carrying all this excess!

Also want to be able to shop in Topshop before I get to old to! At 26, that time is prob not too far away. The last thing I bought in there was a size 14 vest top when I was 18. And it was a bit tight.

Also just want to say - much thanks to EVERYONE on here. I'm probably not a huge poster, as I'm a wee bit shy (stupid on a board in cyberspace), but I honestly come on here every night and read what everyones been saying - it has helped me keep so focused, and also its fab to see the weight coming of others, and know that that's whats happening to me! Thank you.

Back