Wolf's SW Journey to lose 8 stone (2st gone)

That potato chipper looks amazing!! Where abouts did you get it?
I got it off Amazon. It's a great bit of kit and comes with two slicers, one for fries and one for chunky chips. :)

Your jean collection is immense! I don't have any normal, button up jeans that fit- all too small and too ashamed to buy bigger sizes :( I live in jeggings and leggings!!
I also live in leggings and jeggings mostly but, for some reason, I've never felt comfortable going out anywhere in them. Having to buy size 18 jeans was a definite wake-up call for me though!

So, this weekend I started watching some of the "Obese: A Year to Save My Life" and "My 600 lb Life" TV shows and boy are they motivating! This one, mostly bed-ridden, American woman weighed 785 lbs . . . which is 56 stone!! It makes me angry at their family members who look after them, because lets face it, who are the ones buying and cooking the food in these situations. :mad:

Okay, food for today:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Almond milk (HexA), oats (half HexB), hazelnuts (half HexB), banana and cocoa (1 syn)

Lunch:
Jacket potato topped with leftover chicken and mushroom casserole (1 syn)

Dinner:
Chicken and bacon casserole with lots of speed veg and new potatoes (1 syn)

Snacks:
Fruit, Malteaster bunny (8 syns)

Total syns: 11

Last edited:
I want a potato chipper, will have to try and find a cheap one! Glad the cheesecake was nice, I would have been gutted if I'd spent 18 syns on something horrible!!

haha indeed!

Well, happy Valentines Day everyone! Is anyone doing anything nice? It's a bit sombre around my house at the moment, daughter got dumped by her BF yesterday. The day before Valentines. And by text!! Little s**t. So she's in bits obviously, which has made it a bit awkward for OH and I to get too "Valentiney" as she was really looking forward to today. :( I have told OH that I don't want chocolates this year but I did send him off to work with a box of doughnuts this morning. He adores doughnuts and doesn't get them often because of our (my) "no junkfood in the house" rule so he was super happy lol.

I'm having a total "meh" day today too. I guess my daughters mood has rubbed off on me a bit but I'm just having one of those moments where it doesn't feel like I'm losing (even though the scales and measurements say I AM) and I can't see any difference, which irritates me. Nevermind, I'll probably be over it by tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Here's today's food:

Breakfast:
Oat porridge (HexB) with almond milk (1.5 syns), honey (2.5 syns) and fresh fruit

Lunch:
Leftover chicken and bacon casserole (1 syn)

Dinner:
Chilli con carne served over potato wedges and topped with grated cheese (HexA) and sour cream (1 syn)

Snacks:
Fruit, herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Total syns: 8

That's horrible! Some men (boys) Just don't deserve the women they have! Eurgh!

Hope you are both feeling a bit better soon xxx

Subbing :)

Today is a sad day. This morning my nephew in South Africa was in a car accident and passed away. We weren't exactly close family (his uncle and I divorced 16 years ago and then I moved to the UK) but we had contact on FB and he and his beautiful girlfriend were serious role-models for me. He was a competitive bodybuilder and she was a competitive bikini model. I followed their training and food prep closely on FB and it definitely gave me some goals. He will always stay an inspiration for me . . . he was so determined, focused and enthusiastic about everything. :(

RIP

Thanks @xxlauraxx15 , @freakydarkstuff and @itsGCbaby. It's all so sad, especially given that he was only 29. :(

Honestly, my first reaction last night was to reach for the food/alcohol (or at least send OH to the shop for some) as it's always been my go-to when something happens, whether it's good or bad. I resisted though and I'm pleased I did.

Today brought MORE bad news, in a business related issue (I'm a self-employed landlord) and I swear, if there had been ANY junk food in the house, I would have had it all by now!! This does re-enforce WHY I keep my house free of all junk . . . my binge-cravings are seldom bad enough that I would make a conscious decision to go out and drive to the shop.

So, cravings curtailed, here is today's food:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Almond milk (HexA), oats (half HexB), hazelnuts (half HexB), banana and cocoa (1 syn)

Lunch:
Leftover chilli con carne

Dinner:
Fish, mixed veg and new potatoes with white sauce (4 syns)

Snacks:

Total syns: 7

Sorry about the more bad news :( Hopefully there's not a third thing, they usually come in 3s!! Bless you xxx

Thanks guys.

I'm in a bit of a grump today as it's weighing day and I've stayed the same. Frustratingly, I can't think of any major reason. My water intake has been up and my meals have all been pretty much the same as normal. The only slight difference is that I've had a few days on 15 syns, plus that one day over (thanks Gü pudding!). :badmood:

I'm going to try and keep my syns lower (under 10) for the next week and see if that makes any difference.

Weight loss this week: 0 lbs :(

Measurements 16/02/17:

Chest: 117cm Weekly loss: 1cm Total loss: 1cm
Upper Arm:
43cm Weekly loss: 0cm Total loss: 2cm
Waist:
119cm Weekly loss: 0cm Total loss: 1cm
Hips:
123cm Weekly loss: 0cm Total loss: 3cm
Upper Thigh:
68cm Weekly loss: 2cm Total loss: 3cm

At least there is some slight difference on the measurements.

Oh well, here's todays food:

Breakfast:
Oat porridge (HexB) with almond milk (1.5 syns), honey (2.5 syns) and fresh fruit

Lunch:
Fruit salad

Dinner:
Tuna pasta bake with cheese (HexA) (1 syn for milk)

Snacks:

Total syns: 7

Sorry for your loss and the crappy work related stuff, lets keep our fingers crossed for a better week. I totally relate to the reaching for food when feeling emotional/stressed etc. I'm the same. Well done for sticking it out and not caving in to those cravings :)

Aww sorry for the STS. That really sucks, especially when you don't really know why!
I was going to measure myself today, but no idea where hubby has put the measuring tape. Argh! he spare room is so full of all his rubbish, does my head in! hahaha

I notice my scales move more
Hun if I stick to 10. My weigh day is Thursdays and what Iv been doing is upto 15 fri,sat and Sunday then stuck to under 10'for the week upto Thursday

Urgh.

Hi guys. Didn't make it on here over the weekend. I was off plan on Friday and Saturday, mostly with dinners. It was more of a case of just being too tired to cook dinner. OH and I are currently renovating one of our rental properties while it's empty and this particular flat is on a High Street, with FOUR takeaways visible out the living room window!! So, that was the easy option on the way home lol. Thank goodness I don't live in that property!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, was fully back on it yesterday. Today I also started doing some Body Magic, which I haven't done at all up till now. My exercise of choice would ideally be weights at the gym but I can't do that at the moment so I've gone back to something I did a couple of years ago with really good results . . . a workout called DDP Yoga. It's not a traditional type of yoga, it's been modernised and includes body resistance so you get a cardio workout as well.

This is DDP yoga (the first video went completely viral so you might recognise it):

I just need to keep it up every day! :D

Here's todays food:

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Leftover pasticcio pasta

Dinner:
Tuna pasta bake (6 syns for cheese)

Snacks:

Total syns: 9

I'll check those videos out when I'm not so tired!
Welcome back! :)
We're all allowed a weekend off sometimes!! :D

Just to let you all know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! I've been very unwell and to top it off, we lost our dog in a tragic accident on the weekend. I will be back though.

Back