Wolf's SW Journey to lose 8 stone (2st gone)

Breakfast:
Fruit salad

Lunch:
Smoked mackerel (3 syns) with a brown roll (HeB) and salad (2 syns for margarine)

Dinner:
Tuna pasta bake topped with cheese (HeA)

Snacks:
Fruit, mini oreo icecream (6.5 syns)

Awesome food diary, some good ideas on here that I shall be pinching!!! :p Keep up the good work!

And my lesson learnt this weekend is that I truly and utterly have no will power. Not even a tiny bit! :rolleyes: I thought I was being clever buying some mini oreo icecreams as they were just 6.5 syns each so one a day is a perfect evening snack. Which works well. Until you start craving another one just an hour later. Sigh. So, two mini oreo icecreams last night threw my syns over by about 3.5 I think. This is why I don't keep ANY snack food in the house at all. I honestly have no control when it's within reach. The icecreams were a good idea, in theory, but in future I will just buy one of whatever it is that that I want. That way I'm more in control and don't end up eating the whole box of whatever.

Anyhoo, here's today's food:

Breakfast:
Sunday morning treat: Banana pancakes (4 syns for cooked banana, 5 for honey)

Lunch:
Smoked salmon with Philadelphia cheese (HeE) on a brown roll (HeB)

Dinner:
Slow-cooked chicken and bacon casserole with lots of veg and new potatoes (1 syn for cornflour)

Snacks:
Fruit

I'm sure going ever my 3.5 synns won't make much diff to your weight loss. Least it's a lesson learnt now I'm the same with chocolate. If have a little will want more so sooner stay away until I really crave it.

One thing I had last time I did this diet was a freddo 5syns melted in bowl and strawberries . This was gorgeous felt a lot more choc as melted and really nice pudding if ur feeling naughty but want to stay loosing x

I agree the 3.5 syns will be fine, I am sure.
I can never get banana pancakes to turn out right :( But they sound amazing.

This morning I was just thinking through some of the health issues I was having when I started on SW back in November. I've only lost just over a stone so far but I'm already seeing health benefits. I'm not sure if it's due to losing weight or eating healthy. Probably a combination of the two.

Here are some of the issues I was having and how they are now, at 16 lbs down:

Acid reflux - Pretty much completely gone, very very rare now.
Heartburn - Gone
Trapped wind (aka Burpy McBurpalot) - Much improved, only bad immediately after eating/drinking.
Irregular periods - Still bad. Will require more weight loss and time I think.
Very swollen feet/ankles - Gone

I'll re-evaluate again after going down another stone or two.

Here's today's menu:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Banana, oats (half HeB), hazelnuts (half HeB), cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Left-over casserole (1 syn)

Dinner:
Slow-cooked Irish stew (beef, celery, carrots, onion, potatoes, swede) (1 syn for cornflour)

Snacks:
Fruit, glass of apple juice (2 syns)

These bannna pancakes sound nice is there a recipe ?
It's really easy to make. Take two eggs and one large banana and beat/blend them really well (I do it in my smoothie maker). Spray a hot frying pan with Frylight and pour in the mixture to make 4 or 5 mini individual pancakes (they are really fragile so the smaller they are, the easier they are to flip). They can burn easily so keep a close eye on them. When cooked on one side, flip them and do the other side for a short time. I usually keep a plate in the oven on a low temp to keep the cooked pancakes warm, as it will take a few batches to get through all the pancake mix. Once all done, add whatever toppings you want! :)

Oh thank you very much for that , think going to try these for breakfast in the morning sound yummy . I need to go fetch eggs and it's raining so enless stops will have to wait till wed morning . Great idea tho for free breakfast .

This diet really does improve your health doesn't it I can't wait for the energy boost. Iv still got totm at the min this is week 2 but has been 2 years due to depo jab so hoping feel better soon as it stops

I suffer with all of those health issues too, one of the main reasons I'm wanting to lose weight. So glad it is helping you, hopefully it will help me the same! xx

They not free cause you're mashing and cooking the banana :) x

Oh didn't realise prob wnt wasten4 syns then hahaha sooner have bag of French fries lol . What makes it 4 then I'm confused sorry for sounding thick. To me it's mashed cooked so just like eatin warmed up bannana hahaha

Dunno about the 4, but if you mash, cook or blend fruit you have to syn it because it brings out the sugar in it more or something like that. Thats why you have to syn smoothies etc x

Dunno about the 4, but if you mash, cook or blend fruit you have to syn it because it brings out the sugar in it more or something like that. Thats why you have to syn smoothies etc x
That's what we are told by SW consultants but they don't have a clue what they are talking about because that's not actually true. The real reason cooked/mashed fruit is syned is because it loses it it's filling power once it's broken down (your body digests it faster) so you are more likely to eat more in one go or have another meal sooner than you would normally. The 4 syns is the amount in the book for one cooked banana.

Oh right I get you. I assumed smoothies where free aswell haha. I'm learning lots thank you
I just use common sense with cooked/mashed fruit. I DON'T syn it in my breakfast smoothies because it's exactly the same amount of food I'd eat if I had sliced banana over porridge, for example. However, with the pancakes, two eggs is already a good sized meal (as an omelette for example) so the banana can be seen as more than you would eat if it wasn't pureéd. I hope that makes sense?

Rule of thumb: If it's for a meal and I'd eat exactly that same amount of food if the fruit was whole/uncooked then I don't syn it. If it's more food that I would eat whole or it's a "smoothie drink" between meals then I DO syn it. How well that system works, well I evaluate that based on my weekly weight loss.

Thanks for all that Info. I don't think il be having smoothies for a while as was on a diet full of shakes and bars so put me off completely haha

Weigh day tomorrow. I feel really bloated at the moment so we'll see how it goes. I still don't drink enough water. I MUST get on top of that!

Today's food:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Banana, oats (half HeB), hazelnuts (half HeB), cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Left-over beef stew

Dinner:
Grilled blackened chicken, spicy potato wedges and salad (5 syns for mayo)

Snacks:
Fruit, glass of apple juice (2 syns)

Thanks for all that Info. I don't think il be having smoothies for a while as was on a diet full of shakes and bars so put me off completely haha
I know the feeling. I did Lighterlife some years ago and was on the shakes and bars for around 8 months! Was ages before I could even look at a milkshake again lol.

Back