Woman of the Year 2012

Wow congrats I feel the same about my weightloss too but hey we should be proud we got through. My consultants said she would do my board or I could silly me said I'd do it lol xxxx good luck xxxx

good luck, when is your final?

Wow congrats I feel the same about my weightloss too but hey we should be proud we got through. My consultants said she would do my board or I could silly me said I'd do it lol xxxx good luck xxxx

Julie and I are doing it together on Tuesday :) I'm talking at her other groups and then we're doing the board between the 1pm and 5pm groups :) i'm so excited- its like a kiddies art project :D

i know it shouldnt just be about the biggest loss, but if you look back over the previous winners, you will see they have massive losses, your prob in with a great chance youself,

its nice to have got this far, theres 29 in this district (N Ireland), but being realistic its hard to see me going further, but i will enjoy the day out, and dress up and get my hair and tan done and hope i inspire someone at group to go for it next year

yeah there have been some big losses. but even getting through to districts is awesome :) of course- i would LOVE to get to the semis and have the honour of going to SW head office.but the area manager for our area said that it's potentially going to be the biggest district final ever :s and there are some big losses- i know of one woman who's lost just over 8 stone, a few 6's and 7's. but i don't know their story.

i hope to enjoy the day though- got the tissues and now have my outfit complete- shoes are on their way :D

Tanya's district is the same as mine- Wirral, Chester and North Wales, and ours is on 16th (week on sunday)

so exciting- meeting another minimins girly- at a district finals, no less!!

LittleFlutterby said:
yeah there have been some big losses. but even getting through to districts is awesome :) of course- i would LOVE to get to the semis and have the honour of going to SW head office.but the area manager for our area said that it's potentially going to be the biggest district final ever :s and there are some big losses- i know of one woman who's lost just over 8 stone, a few 6's and 7's. but i don't know their story.

i hope to enjoy the day though- got the tissues and now have my outfit complete- shoes are on their way :D

Tanya's district is the same as mine- Wirral, Chester and North Wales, and ours is on 16th (week on sunday)

so exciting- meeting another minimins girly- at a district finals, no less!!

It seems quite surreal that I'm doing to meet miss flutterby one of the women who inspired me feel quite honoured lol going to be a great day I have no expectations of going any further just feel humbled to have got this far xxxxx

It seems quite surreal that I'm doing to meet miss flutterby one of the women who inspired me feel quite honoured lol going to be a great day I have no expectations of going any further just feel humbled to have got this far xxxxx

it's gonna be weird eh?? :O bless- it's humbling to inspire others, it really is :) i always get a lump in my throat when someone tells me that!!

it's looking to be a good day- what time are you planning on getting there, do you know? i think julie is picking me up at 9.30, hope we don't get lost! i'm sure we won't- she's been there maaaaaaany times!! :) xx

Well we had our district final today and I htoroughly enjoyed it. Hearing everyone else's experience and journey was so inspiring, listening to why they joined sw and what their reasons were for wanting to lose the weight. There were only 20 of us at the district final so we were split into two groups of ten. From each group 3 went through to the afternoon and each of the six had to tell their story again to everyone then the finalist was chosen. It was so hard to know what to say. You only have 5 minutes and they are very strict on time and be prepared for questions afterwards, if you haven't covered everything in that time.

Even though I hadn't lost the most weight in my group of 10, I was one of the three to go forward to the afternoon - I was so shocked as so many of the others had incredible stories. I didn't win, but the woman who did had lost 8 1/2 stone and really deserved it. I really enjoyed the day - and it was a wonderful experience. They told us that there were over 220 groups in our district, so to come in the top six I feel is pretty amazing!

Good luck to all district finalists over the next few weeks.

Big congrats for getting through to the top 6! Im really looking forward to it, I just want it to hurry up and get here! I'm sure I'll be bricking it this time next week :) :)

LittleFlutterby said:
it's gonna be weird eh?? :O bless- it's humbling to inspire others, it really is :) i always get a lump in my throat when someone tells me that!!

it's looking to be a good day- what time are you planning on getting there, do you know? i think julie is picking me up at 9.30, hope we don't get lost! i'm sure we won't- she's been there maaaaaaany times!! :) xx

Not sure starts 11 isn't it ?? We haven't made plans yet sure she will tell me Tuesday god I hope she's driving I'm useless at directions and I'll be a nervous wreck lol xxxx

littlemeercat said:
Well we had our district final today and I htoroughly enjoyed it. Hearing everyone else's experience and journey was so inspiring, listening to why they joined sw and what their reasons were for wanting to lose the weight. There were only 20 of us at the district final so we were split into two groups of ten. From each group 3 went through to the afternoon and each of the six had to tell their story again to everyone then the finalist was chosen. It was so hard to know what to say. You only have 5 minutes and they are very strict on time and be prepared for questions afterwards, if you haven't covered everything in that time.

Even though I hadn't lost the most weight in my group of 10, I was one of the three to go forward to the afternoon - I was so shocked as so many of the others had incredible stories. I didn't win, but the woman who did had lost 8 1/2 stone and really deserved it. I really enjoyed the day - and it was a wonderful experience. They told us that there were over 220 groups in our district, so to come in the top six I feel is pretty amazing!

Good luck to all district finalists over the next few weeks.

Wow that's fantastic we'll done u what an achievement I'm soooo nervous now but excited too xxx well done again xxxx

Congratulations, ours is the 16 th too, somewhere beginning with B? I have no info whatsoever as we're both so busy at class to talk. Can I ask if you get fed? Lol I'm diabetic need to know there's food somewhere :)

Congratulations, ours is the 16 th too, somewhere beginning with B? I have no info whatsoever as we're both so busy at class to talk. Can I ask if you get fed? Lol I'm diabetic need to know there's food somewhere :)

it depends really. my consultant says there is tea, coffee and fruit available, but she's going to make me a bacon buttie for after the weigh in (i love that woman!) i think it would be wise to take something, even if it's just a salad and some fruit, just in case :)

LittleFlutterby said:
it depends really. my consultant says there is tea, coffee and fruit available, but she's going to make me a bacon buttie for after the weigh in (i love that woman!) i think it would be wise to take something, even if it's just a salad and some fruit, just in case :)

Mmmm bacon butty I may pinch yours being as I'm a Tanya too lol xxxx

LittleFlutterby said:

Hmmm, my Con thinks there's lunch provided, but I always try and check, hate turning up blind. And I coud do without the stress of needing to take something. Does anyone know how long you're there for? Thanks for all the help x

Hmmm, my Con thinks there's lunch provided, but I always try and check, hate turning up blind. And I coud do without the stress of needing to take something. Does anyone know how long you're there for? Thanks for all the help x

Apparently it's around 3 hours but it depends entirely on the amount of people who have entered. but 3 hours ish seems the norm accordin to a few people x

? ok then lol I'll just kneel at ya feet and catch the crumbs lol xxxx

oh girly, i didn't lose weight by dropping food ;) heehee

we're good- there'll be fruit apparently! woohoo ;)

Congratulations to all of you that made the woman of the year district finals, we have a girl from our group going forward whos done amazingly well! Cant wait to hear how she gets on Sunday!

Back