woman of the year 2014

I don't understand how they can put weight limits on it though. They keep saying that your target is your decision but this rather suggests they only want people who are looking slim enough for their marketing purposes rather than celebrating the loss as it is. Anyway, well done on some amazing losses and good luck to those who are progressing onwards, you are all amazing!!! xxx

this is it in a nutshell. The competitions are all about marketing, selling the product (SW) and for this you need a fabulous story and someone who looks amazing. Hence height and weight limits. Targets are personal and that's wonderful about SW but winning the national is all for SW promotion, selling the product and inspiring and gaining new members.

Celebrate winning the group competition, inspire your group, don't worry about the big competitions.

I totally agree with what both moolumps and jaylou say, I have to say I shed a few tears when I was telling my story and even after it, the girl sitting beside me gave me a comforting hand because she could see it was difficult especially my mothers recent diagnosis of liver cancer just to say it without bursting into tears

It does you good knowing you are helping others and inspiring them too. This morning my new consultant texted me and said she was putting my picture on the local paper and did I mind if they quoted how much I have lost and I said no problem because it might help somebody else to kick start their weight loss journey and that to me and I'm sure everyone else is the biggest prize of all.

Absolutely Jaylou they want dramatic transformations, because that makes the big visual impact that sticks in people's minds and sells their product.

I'm OK with telling my story in group - after all these are people that I know and spend time with each week and I like to help them out and support them :) I'm a lot less comfortable with the idea of sharing it in the local and national press though - not because I don't want to inspire people but more because of my job (which is quite sensitive) and because there are a few skeletons in the cupboard (ex husband - don't ask LOL).

Both of those will probably ensure that I don't progress that far though, so I'm happy to go as far as I can, if for no other reasons than it will make my lovely consultant happy and because my group did me the honour of voting for me and it would feel mean spirited for me to bow out :)

Would love to see you win it too Molly, well done

Hi all just came across the thread when I was googling woman of the year! I won it last year but never got told about any regional finals! Didn't think much about it then continued to lose weight and got to target last November losing 7 stone!I've been going to group and helping out ever since and my group kindly voted me woman of the year again! This time my consultant asked me did I want to go to the finals as I had over 4 stone and was under the limit of one stone above a bmi of 25 which was calculated on my height! Hope this helps anyone wondering!

I won WOTY last night, the woman who won last year went to a presentation thing, but iv been told nothing about this, when is it? Does the WOTY winner from every group go? I had to do a speech which I felt a complete wassack as I have no inspirational story for losing weight, I just wanted get back to my pre pregnancy weight! I never really looked at myself as an inspiration to others, it's just nice to think that some people out there do see me as that!

Evening ladies been reading your group achievements and well done and congratulations to all of you that won WOTY - I also won on Wednesday but will not qualify as ive not lost 4st. To be honest im happy with group winner, the people I see every week and talk to, swap recipes with, and help when struggling are all that matters to me, they are the people sharing my SW journey. I got to target in May and its harder maintaining than losing I can tell ya lol.

My consultant asked the 5 nominees to take any before and after pics in ( only if we wanted to) and maybe say a few words to the group about why we joined etc. I got a sash and my pic taken, and a certificate and sticker, no flowers, no wine etc. I think all groups/consultants are different but the end result is the same.

My before and after pics xx

150644d1408566190t-texty-target-image-106996710.jpg
150645d1408567051t-texty-target-image-850503874.jpg
150647d1408567092t-texty-target-image-2447891360.jpg
150646d1408567075t-texty-target-image-3952121991.jpg

Evening ladies been reading your group achievements and well done and congratulations to all of you that won WOTY - I also won on Wednesday but will not qualify as ive not lost 4st. To be honest im happy with group winner, the people I see every week and talk to, swap recipes with, and help when struggling are all that matters to me, they are the people sharing my SW journey. I got to target in May and its harder maintaining than losing I can tell ya lol.

My consultant asked the 5 nominees to take any before and after pics in ( only if we wanted to) and maybe say a few words to the group about why we joined etc. I got a sash and my pic taken, and a certificate and sticker, no flowers, no wine etc. I think all groups/consultants are different but the end result is the same.

My before and after pics xx

150644d1408566190t-texty-target-image-106996710.jpg
150645d1408567051t-texty-target-image-850503874.jpg
150647d1408567092t-texty-target-image-2447891360.jpg
150646d1408567075t-texty-target-image-3952121991.jpg

Well done again Sheila hun x

I didn't get any flowers or wine either :cry:But, I did get a bottle of wine on the way home, Lol! :D
Your before and after pics are fab dear, there's only half of you left! I was short of having 4st lost too, so I won't be progressing any further either, but like you, being group winner is really lovely, was really touched that all the women in my group thought me worthy enough to vote for me x :)

Well done again Sheila hun x

I didn't get any flowers or wine either :cry:But, I did get a bottle of wine on the way home, Lol! :D
Your before and after pics are fab dear, there's only half of you left! I was short of having 4st lost too, so I won't be progressing any further either, but like you, being group winner is really lovely, was really touched that all the women in my group thought me worthy enough to vote for me x :)

Lol I should have thought of that, I had a pepsi max instead haha.

My C has asked if she can have copies of my pics to put on her before and after boards in group x

Going back to the 5 of my group that had to get up and say a few woods...the winner was the only lady who'd lost at least 4 stone. Looking at the criteria you're all describing I wouldn't think she'd qualify to go any further...

Well done Texty...you look fab, what a tremendous change!!

Thanks hunni - its been a hard slog with lots of laughter and tears on the way, ( in group as well as at home) Im where I want to be now, and being part of a group and having support from friends on minis too is whats kept me going all this time. x

I won woman of the year this week, I was overwhelmed! Such a lovely shock :) It's really motivated me to keep on going! I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of our amazing group and leader though <3 So far I've lost 3st 10lbs, I want to lose another 3-4 stone...so half way there!

Thank you!! well done to everyone who was nominated & won everywhere else :D

Ahh I see, when does it happen? I don't remember it being talked about in group, I started in February.

Thank you!! well done to everyone who was nominated & won everywhere else :D

Ahh I see, when does it happen? I don't remember it being talked about in group, I started in February.

i cant remember what month it was held hun but they will announce it well in advance. Its only once a year as is Miss Slinky and Woman of the year

Now that we mentioned Miss Slinky, what do you need to do in order to progress, is it the same as woman of the year and have to be quite close to target, I think that is around October/November each year. Our winner last year was a 16 year old student and she really deserved it because I think at that age, there is more pressure from friends and eating in school, she is a real example and was delighted she won

Now that we mentioned Miss Slinky, what do you need to do in order to progress, is it the same as woman of the year and have to be quite close to target, I think that is around October/November each year. Our winner last year was a 16 year old student and she really deserved it because I think at that age, there is more pressure from friends and eating in school, she is a real example and was delighted she won

I won based on a mixture of my weightloss, my attendance to every class and my input and inspiration to and for others. Helping with advice, ideas, recipes, syn values etc. I am now a member of the social team and love taking part every week and helping others when I can.

I'm quite similar Sheila, I'm on the social team, stay for class every week and often when the consultant is busy, she looks to me for a little bit of help or input

Back