Women's problems on CD??????

Losing it for good

Hi,

Has anyone experienced menstrual cycle problems on CD???

I have been on the diet (on and off) since March and have always had regular periods but I have now been spotting for three days when I am not even due on??

I'm defo not pregnant and am not doing things any differently so just wanna see if anyone else has the same problem or any other issues in regards to TOTM when using this diet.

Any advice grateful?? xx:)

Hi !

Don't worry, this happened to me when I was on CD and it is normal !
As you lose weight, your hormone levels fluctuate and some ladies experience break-through bleeding . The hormone fluctuations will stop once you have reached your target weight. This is because when you stop losing weight, your metabolic rate will settle to a new level appropriate to your new weight, and as a result, your hormones will also settle down and your menstrual cycle will go back to normal.

Hope this helps !

CAROLYN x

oestrogens and fat cells are closely linked so when you empty your fat cells the hormones can become imbalanced for a while, some women suffer more than others... you can get worse pms etc too...
It is normal and will get better my cycle is all over the place at the moment.
x

Yes!!!! I had my first when I forst started CD, then 5 weeks later, then 2 weeks, 4 weeks now after 2 weeks! I've had terrible PMT too which I never had before CD. So nearly gave up on the diet this week, was picking fights at work alsorts, must've been a right bi**h to be around.... xxxx

Yes my cycle is all over the place at the moment and im trying for a baby which is worse. Needed to lose weight to have IVF got an appointment for consultation with IVF clinic next week so will have to finish my journey after that to regulate my cycle ready for treatment. Im sure your cycle will sort itself out when you finish the diet but its one of the many side effects unfortunately.xxx

Thank you all for the advice- I thought it was just me for a minute there xx

Have always been regular on the diet but this time round was 2 weeks wait, that led to some "lovely" conversations between myself and partner who has had the snip. Good to know he trusts me :rolleyes:

Have always been regular on the diet but this time round was 2 weeks wait, that led to some "lovely" conversations between myself and partner who has had the snip. Good to know he trusts me :rolleyes:

LOL. Very good he trusts you or it could have caused all sorts of problems;)

Back