wondering If I can do SW with dietary restrictions - any advice / help welcome

paganflossy

Hi
I did sw years ago when it was red /green days. I joined last year but only went to one meeting as between the meeting I had an appointment with a new consultant and was put on a restricitive diet that didnt fit in with SW ( as you will see)so went back to calorie counting.
The restrictions were as follows;
Only white bread /pasta rice etc; no veg or fruit apart from potatos and carrots without skins; no pulses; no sweetners; no cereal except rice krispies.
I am now starting to introduce foods but have to stay away from high fibre, currently I have introduced tomatos and onions for sauces and a small amount of salad.
I was wondering if I can make SW work with these restrictions if I did red /green days or do you think its acomplete no no. I am going to ring the consultant and discuss andaldo txt the SW leader but I didnt want to bother her on a sunday or bank holiday so thought I would ask the wise souls here.
I am not getting anywhere CC and I sick of weighing every morsal!!
sorry for length turned into a bit of an essay!!

Hi
I did sw years ago when it was red /green days. I joined last year but only went to one meeting as between the meeting I had an appointment with a new consultant and was put on a restricitive diet that didnt fit in with SW ( as you will see)so went back to calorie counting.
The restrictions were as follows;
Only white bread /pasta rice etc; no veg or fruit apart from potatos and carrots without skins; no pulses; no sweetners; no cereal except rice krispies.
I am now starting to introduce foods but have to stay away from high fibre, currently I have introduced tomatos and onions for sauces and a small amount of salad.
I was wondering if I can make SW work with these restrictions if I did red /green days or do you think its acomplete no no. I am going to ring the consultant and discuss andaldo txt the SW leader but I didnt want to bother her on a sunday or bank holiday so thought I would ask the wise souls here.
I am not getting anywhere CC and I sick of weighing every morsal!!
sorry for length turned into a bit of an essay!!

You can do sw with that yes but I'm no expert.
I'm not to sure y all veg are out, obvs you might not want to share your medicSl conditions with the forum but not all veg are high fibre

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

You can do sw with that yes but I'm no expert.
I'm not to sure y all veg are out, obvs you might not want to share your medicSl conditions with the forum but not all veg are high fibre

Thanks for the quick reply :) Its not just the fibre its the way veg break down, Ive got extreme IBS and dysfuntional bowel syndrome but Im experimenting with what veg I can tolerate, hopefully if I stay away from dark fiberous veg I can cope. Root veg seems to be going ok and small amounts of mushrooms and leeks - I might have a floret of broccoli just for the taste if my guts in a happy place that day!!

thanks again

Thanks for the quick reply :) Its not just the fibre its the way veg break down, Ive got extreme IBS and dysfuntional bowel syndrome but Im experimenting with what veg I can tolerate, hopefully if I stay away from dark fiberous veg I can cope. Root veg seems to be going ok and small amounts of mushrooms and leeks - I might have a floret of broccoli just for the taste if my guts in a happy place that day!!

thanks again

Ok so mushrooms have lowest fibre content, asparagus if you don't go down to eating the stringy bit. Melon I think ?

I don't see why you can't do sw. Your going to be more restricted and maybe you can follow some tweaks and see if you still loose. What is it you eat now? What foods have led to putting weight on ?

My ibs got better with my weightloss but its not anywhere nr on your level of seriousness.

I would say you probably can, looking at what you can eat rather than what you can't eat, but I think it's best if you consult your doctor before starting x

I would say you probably can, looking at what you can eat rather than what you can't eat, but I think it's best if you consult your doctor before starting x

Yes I think doctor and don't try and do it from home you need the professional support.

Also do your own reading and research If you can

Ok so mushrooms have lowest fibre content, asparagus if you don't go down to eating the stringy bit. Melon I think ?

I don't see why you can't do sw. Your going to be more restricted and maybe you can follow some tweaks and see if you still loose. What is it you eat now? What foods have led to putting weight on ?

My ibs got better with my weightloss but its not anywhere nr on your level of seriousness.

Asparagus is coming into season so its on my list to try :) Im putting on weight because eating the wrong type of stuff too often. I cook from scratch but too many junky bits creeping in 'because you can eat anything as long as in cals' then getting hungery and thinking Ill catch up tomorrow!! Its as much as I am bored of weighing and counting everything and need more structure IYSWIM

Yes I think doctor and don't try and do it from home you need the professional support.

Also do your own reading and research If you can

thanks yet again ...I will go to class and also txt consultant on Tues morning (class Tue evening) :)

Back