wondering if I should try

frenchfancy

five years ago I started with Lighterlife and did my 100 days and lost 3 stone. I then moved immediately onto Cambridge and lost another 2 stones taking me to my goal. Unfortunately 5 years on I have gained it all back and coule really kick myself.
My sone has recently been on CD and lost 6 stones and is now at goal and looks amazing and my mother is about to start CD in 2 weeks time.
I now live in France and so LL and CD are both out due to cost and the fact they are not available here. I have been looking at Exante and know that I can have a monthly delivery that I could afford, but I am hesitant; can I do this again? what are the packs like? as I would have to buy a months supply at a time. I do really want to get rid of this weight as it does make me so miserable, but need a bit of moral support.
Any advice or useful info would be appreciated.

I'm not on exante but it seems to get somefavouable comments. I am considering going on it when my packs run out as it is so much cheaper than others.

I started nearly 4 weeks ago...I have never been on a VLCD before but have seen the results in others (mind you most of them have put a lot back on or even all of it ) but thats a problem only you can find the answer to...I looked at them all and thought Cambridge may be the one but after e.mailing a local councellor and having to cancel a start due to a bereavement I decidied that I did not need or want a councillor...I knew I wanted to do this and I knew that whatever they said or did it was ultimately up to me...so exante was the solution...cheap and no councillor.....Husband wanted to lose weight also so we ordered enough for two for a month....
First impression Shakes were not good and soups were not much better.....But this was another challenge...on this site their are many suggestions as to how to make them to fit your taste and I have done just that...All my shakes are made up with half water and half fresh coffee as I love my coffee...it worked as I now have coffee shakes with a hint of banana or choc or strawberry.....The soups...I prefer the veg one...husband the tai chick ...I add celery salt and a handful of fresh chopped parsley it works for me...hubby adds black pepper and fresh basil to his thai and garlic salt and fresh basil to the tomatoe(the least liked with the mushroom.....
You will find what works for you....When you start you want to eat something that you really like because that is what we always do...but after a little you realise that it doesn't matter if its not wonderful it serves it's purpose and fills you up and gives you the energy to carry on...

I have lost quite a bit of weight and hubby even more...he weighs I do not...but I am having to buy new knickers as to loose a skirt or your jeans is one thing but to find your knickers round you ankles would be the pits..and this is becoming a distinct possibility....I will weigh in about eight weeks before I go on a holiday just to cheer myself up before I go....(I always miss my lovely siamese...sad isn't it )...
GO FOR IT ...use it as a means to an end and get your mind set into never having to do this again...your future will be lighter you if you watch the carbs...Thats what I think will work for me...go ahead and let me know how you get on...do not feel on your own because you are far away...the web brings us all but a post away.....

It's the best thing I have ever done!

Taking food and choice away is very liberating!

I have to agree that for me not having to think and plan a menu is a big plus for tfr diets. I know my palette and shopping regime is not being re-educated - but I reckon I can deal with that when I am closer to goal. I have failed in conventional plans before as well as trying to limit calories, partly because with these diets food and food choices are always uppermost in my mind. On the meal replacement plan I am on I have no choices to make and don't have to think about food at all. ( I'm not saying I don't think about food, but I think about it less because I do not have to think what I will eat for my next meal). Other than tfr my next best diet success was eating only low-fat, under 5% - which I think I'll return to closer to goal while I experiment with how to best maintain.

Back