Won't be able to go to class for 7 weeks, better to do it at home?

smokingspud

Hi all, I started my sw journey roughly 3 weeks ago & I've lost around 6 pounds in that time.last Saturday I couldn't go because of work & I found out yesterday that I won't be able to make my Saturday weigh in for another 6 weeks due to my job which normally doesn't happen. As the class is my closest & I don't want to give up so early, is it best just to not go to class anymore & do it at home? Or use all my sw hols up & go back in 6 weeks knowing that I'll be abroad for Xmas & new year, so missing more.thanks troops :)

Well I work quite far away & I do long hours so although there is a group practically next door I can never make it. The one I'm currently going to is perfect, but cos of business trips & certain dates I won't be able to make it.I've seen some SW drop in sessions in central London which I can go to to weigh in in my lunch hour but Image therapy has helped me. So I really don't know.

I would go to another group. I couldn't do this without group support. Even now, I still go every week.

I have just stopped going to my Sw class as it makes such a long day for me, i was leaving home sometimes at 5.30 in the morning for work, and not getting home until just gone 7 in the evening on the day of the SW class, just can't do it anymore, especially now the evenings are darker so much earlier, so i am just following it at home and using this site and also some SW sites on facebook for a bit of help and support. Hopefully that will work for me. The nearest saturday class for me was about an hour and a halfs drive away!! Although there are some closer WW classes if i get desperate for a proper weigh in every week! Also, 3 other girls that i work with are also following SW, so we are also supporting each other too. xx

Sometimes it is hard I work nights but go to a group every thursday. It means I have to get up two hours earlier and it means I am up from 4pm go to class at 5pm this usually finishes around 7.15pm then I walk to work and start an 11 hr night shift finishing at 7.30 am then walk home and finally get into bed for 8.30am. A very very very long day but the support and results I am getting is worth it in the long run. You need to do what you feel will help you with your weight loss journey personally I need the group and weekly weigh in to keep me on track, you have to have great will power to do it from home. Why not go to another group for weigh in for the next 6 weeks knowing that then you can return to your normal group and therefore saving your holidays for when you need to use them over the christmas period. just a thought, but good luck with whatever you choose.

Thank you for all your opinions. I persuaded my boss for me to come into work a little late, so I went to my normal group this morning & found out I lost 2lb.
I've also found that I do need a group because I'm far too undisciplined if I don't have the sense of somebody checking on me. So i've found three groups throughout London & herts I can go to if I don't have time to go to my usual.

Back