Woohoo im finally here!

Petey

Tonight marks my first night of RTM!

Just had a skinless chicken breast as my first meal.

Took me 20 minutes to eat the thing, but OH WOW did that taste sooooo good!

Im very excited reading the book - im even going to buy some celery tomorrow, never touched it in my life before but for some reason my head is telling me that I want some. Bizarre.

My stomach sounds like its playing Beethoven's 5th symphony at the moment though. Think the idea of solid food has REALLY thrown it off guard a bit!!!

Looking forward to all your tips on whats good to eat :D

Congratulations Petey, enjoy every moment you've earnt it!

Gx

Welcome aboard Petey.

Oh, celery, never liked it that much before, but it is flippin' gorgeous. How mad is that??? and raw pepper too!

I would try as much of each week's list as possible, cos it just isn't the same as it used to be.
I never used to be much of a fish fan, but love salmon and mackerel now.
It is a whole new world out there, just waiting to be eaten! :D

YAY!! The more the merrier - sometimes me and Alibongo get lonely talking to ourselves!!!!

Tonight marks my first night of RTM!

Just had a skinless chicken breast as my first meal.

Took me 20 minutes to eat the thing, but OH WOW did that taste sooooo good!

Im very excited reading the book - im even going to buy some celery tomorrow, never touched it in my life before but for some reason my head is telling me that I want some. Bizarre.

My stomach sounds like its playing Beethoven's 5th symphony at the moment though. Think the idea of solid food has REALLY thrown it off guard a bit!!!

Looking forward to all your tips on whats good to eat :D

YAY !!!! well done Petey :D well done on getting to RtM !!!!

good luck with maintenance......you'll be fine, I'm sure :)

Debz xx

Well i had my first meal since starting RTM, i had 2 quorn fillets and they were so tasty!! i'm so looking forward to exchanging ideas with everyone on this forum, as i said before i have already been following ali and debs journeys through RTM and they have really inspired me. Janey xx

My current favourite is the garlic and balsamic vinegar marinade.

I make up a batch and marinade my turkey or chicken breasts in that then grill them.

Yummy!!!

I've tried (repeatedly) to make myself like salad leaves but it is just not happening :cry: Im not repulsed by them or anything, I just dont "get" them - they dont really taste of anything to me, and im not a huge fan of the texture.

Never mind.

The celery experiment went ok. Could eat it in little bits I think, maybe with a little low fat cottage cheese on?

I have found though, im forgetting EVEN MORE now to eat my foodpacks. I had my bar this morning at 10 with my coffee, and im just about to have my protein meal, but im thinking to myself Ive still technically got to squish in another 3 foodpacks.

Odd.

REALLY looking forward to the sugar free jelly and greek yogurt thing that people were talking of. Think thats next week. I couldnt find the greek yoghurt in the management book, but is that what they mean by "any low fat creme fraiche?" thingy??

Hi Petey

It is hard fitting in the foodpacks, I am really struggling now, I start week 9 tomorrow and it is then down to 1 per day, so I can just have a bar now.
You should only be having 3 foodpacks per day now, then it drops to 2 on week 3, that does make it easier.

Jelly and greek yog is lovely, I just had some. It is fab with fruit, and also in a lot of cooking, I have used it for curry and lasagne this week.
The greek yoghurt just comes under the yoghurt category. You can get Total 0% yoghurt or low fat greek yoghurt in all the supermarkets.
It is indeed week 2.

The salad does get more interesting when you can add more stuff to it, I think you can have radish, spring onion and pepper this week, which are all pretty nice in a salad. You could try adding the celery to your salad then having the cottage cheese and dressing with the salad too.

I meant two foodpacks when I said three earlier didnt I ?!

Sorry, been a long day. Dont worry, I am only actually doing the three!!

I have my foodpacks as follows:

Hot choc made into a muffin, then put 100g berries and 100g Greek Yog on top - That's breakfast!
R&C Bar at 10am as a breaktime snack.

That leaves me with 2 protein meals for lunch (usually salad and eggs) and tea (veg curry/quorn stirfry/ratatouille etc).

Back