Woooo my first order arrived...no going back now hehe

gunpowd3r

Lol as the title of my thread says my first order arrived right when Rob said it would lol, i had to open and have a peek and taste hehe:D

I ordered some extras to try :rolleyes: so had a small piece of choc trufa bar and the lemon bar.

So far so good the choc bar is amazing and very moreish!!!! Tastes a bit like a Riesen choc chew which we love and will defo help with TOTM choccy cravings :D and thankfully the texture of the bars is not like Biggest looser which i personally find yuk yuk!!! Far too chewy and stick to yer teeth:eek:

The lemon bar is a bit different it is very mild lemon and i was expecitng it to be quite a strong lemony flavour hmm not sure if my partner is gonna like it:confused:

I ordered 2 muesli to try, didn't bother with the honey as have read it is quite strong honey taste and we both not keen on that.....how i wish i could get the banana bars still as i bet i would have loved them lol.

Both me and my partner are planning to start all being well next Wed(have a birthday meal Tues so had to postpone till then). My partner has a lot more to loose than me but he is in a set mind now he is fed up with not being able to wear" trendy young guys clothes" and wants to be a better healthier weight and feel good when he looks in the mirror etc.:)

He will be on 5 a day to see how he goes and i am gonna go on 4 both with veg as i love my broccoli and asparagus and so happy you can have that:D

One thing can i ask.....if my partner wants 4 packs can he has a 100g of the chicken or fish as well as it says on the info sheet :confused: Say if he feels peckish still.

I have been reading on the forum for ages now about how you have all been doing and now i finally feel like one of the club -so to speak as i have my stuff in now all ready and waiting..

Just got to get bouillon and more coke zero cans(which i have had to wean myself on from normal coke and at first it was absoloutly disgusting lol but now i swig without bothering too much).

Even got my partner drinking Earl grey last night with no milk and sweetner in!!!! Now that is a first just hoping we have the willpower to go the full distance:cool:

Aww welcome and good luck to you both

well i think your partner can substitute a pack for chicken , im not sure though as ive never done that but it would make sense wouldnt it

it must be nice to be doing it with someone ele , you can help each other out when it gets tough

Welcome! I dare say substituting the 5th pack for protein should be ok as he'll have had all of his nutrients via the 4 packs anyway. Don't quote me though - it's just my opinion! :)

Hope you both get on ok. At least you can support each other through this, and men generally lose weight amazingly quickly. We had another male member on here before and he lost an extreme amount of weight in a very short time. Us girls were very jealous ;)

quick question ladies im trying to order online, is the cheapest postage 3.99 the signed for 1 as i aint home in the days to sign for it

Welcome to the group, it's wonderful that you are doing this with your partner so you can support each other :-D

Hi and Welcome from me too! Good that you have in-house support! Hope it goes really well for you both!!

Thank everyone for the warm welcome :)

Can i just say Bordersgirl i absoloutly love the colllie in your pic, my fave breed :) have always had one myself you simply cannot beat them for loyalty and intelligence lol.

It is good i have my partner with me think we will help each other as i tend to be spurred on by others weight loss(prob jealously haha).
We decided to give a vlcd a go as to be honest SW and WW are too easy too cheat on i am the sort of person it's either all food or no food sort of thing, and with this diet it is easy and convenient no weighing and kcal counting it is all done for you, just mix or make eat and get on with it...Plus on SW i was finding it very expensive to keep buying and making fresh lean healthy meals!!!

We are defo not looking forward to ketosis but after reading how many of you have been affected we know it isn't going to last forever and have to brave it out.Seems everyone gets in to it differently i hate headaches and don't get many so am praying i don't get them too bad lol.

Also does anyone know the best place to buy a shaker(not online as i don't think it will come in time) only got one in the box :( think Rob forgot the other one he promised, i seen Asda does biggest loser ones are they any good?

I used to do Slimfast and i just put the milk in a bottle then the powder and shook it like mad, can you not do the same with these do they lump easily, a shaker is a thing i never bothered with lol :-S

That's one of my collies - we have 6 :), plus a Shetland Sheepdog.

I know what you mean about diets like SW and WW. I just more or less cheat from the get go if I have to count things and nothing is off limits. It's because this is so strict that I can make it work. I know I have to address that problem when I start to refeed but I'm in the zone now so hope that I can be sensible when I add food back into the mix.

I actually don't find it too bad getting into ketosis. I've been lucky and don't have some of the horrible symptoms that some people seem to have. Hopefully you will be lucky too, but as you can see it does all pass after about the first week.

Just message Rob about the shaker, he's usually really good about correcting things like that. I don't know about the Biggest Loser shaker but someone at work bought a Tony Ferguson one and it sort of melted in the dishwasher so wasn't much use after that as the lid didn't go on properly. I bought the ones with the metal balls in the bottom of them to break up the lumps.

Wow 6 collies and a shet sheepdog you are blessed :) I lost my last collie several years ago she was amazing but i do have a gsd x collie now and he is fab got a bit of both great breeds in him lol.

Think i will msg Rob just mention only got one shaker, he was good on phone though told us to ring up before the next order to sort free delivery and some bits. And their customer service is second to none whenever i email he msg's back very quick. :cool:

I still think i may stock up on shakers though as knowing my partner they will end up lost/melted and whatever else may happen to them hehe.

You can get shakers in so many places, I've got three- two at home as I don't wash up enough and one for work. Got the Tony Ferguson one from Boots for work as it's pretty and smaller than the others! I have a biggest loser one, very good and solid but dearer than others. The other I got is maxi-muscle from tesco, was with the protein shakes and suchlike. £2.34 but I see they are £3.50 now. And you can get them in H+B and other health food places. Don't know about melting, I don't have a dishwasher!

Thanks for that MiniMoosh, has the BL one got the ball thingy in it. And is there a foolproof way to mix them(with no blender) either hot or cold.
I ask this for my partner as i can just picture him with a lumpy shake grumping and saying the diet is yukky lool

To be honest I've never seen one with a ball in it, just with a sieve at the top. I like the BL one because the sieve bit is firmer and just seems to mix better! I also use a handblender sometimes, and have a milk frother on order to try out. Have yet to have a completely lump-free shake though!

I don't tend to get lumps with a ball shaker. Shaking side to side rather than up and down is best apparently. Best way I've found to mix a hot shake is to put 200ml cold water into the shaker. Add powder and shake. Then top up to 600ml with hot water and stir together. Tried shaking up hot and it blows the lid off the shaker! :) It's not boiling hot like that but hot enough to enjoy straight away. Other people heat up in a microwave but I don't have one at work to use so have to use the shaker. Caramel or vanilla with a shot or 2 of coffee is lush :)

Oh gosh, could never have a shake with that much water! I prefer about 100ml max! Actually my fave way is about 3tbs and mixed into mush, yum yum. no issue with lumps then! I did it with hot water today and was lovely!

I couldn't drink it thick like that! lol. Proves we're all different :)

Lol i like my shakes with usually about 500ml fluid in them, a little thicker than tea consitency so i bet i will top it up with about 500ml water :)

I am dying to open a caramel just so i can add coffee to it to try lool
I got extra caramel's for this and some crispy vanilla.

Think i will check my Asda see if they have the BL shaker :)

Back