Words of wisdom welcome, please

xSinead

Silver Member
So, i'm here, AGAIN.
- I started Cambridge last March (2012) aged 21 years old, weighing almost 21 stone and waiting the results of a gastric band consultation! .. The results came in, i wasn't accepted for a band.. so having previously tried this diet in 2008, i decided to put everything i had into this and tackle my weight properly. I lost 7 stone in 6 months, suffered ALL the side effects along the way, hair loss, numb hands & feet, headaches, throwing up, moodyness, smelly breath, losing friends, partners, kissing goodbye to my social life for a while, everything. But all of that was worth it, losing 7 stone felt amazingggg.. River Island was my new best friend. But life happens when you don't even realise it, and what with getting myself a full time job, launching into a new relationship, the birth of my niece, starting to build up a social life again, in a blink of an eye i said hello to 2 stone again.. I WAS FAT AGAIN :eek: .. I told myself 2 stone was nothing compared to losing 7, but its not until now, that my relationship came crashing down which in a result i ended up losing my job, my moodyness from feeling the gain of weight again has resulted me in losing friendships, to the point really where i've lost everything, is it NOW that i feel maybe i'm ready to lose this added extra 2 stone, but another stone or 2 until i get to my goal of 11 stone.

The past 10 days i've had emails from Cambridge head office, take a break magazine, sky freeview channel & womans own magazine asking me to do photo shoots & share my story.. I'm gutted that i've had to say no, sorry but i'm not at goal yet.

I think its time to get back on the Cambridge wagon, watch plenty of supersize vs superskinny episodes like i used to, update my youtube channel, re-connect with all my cambridge buddies and actually do this!

I'm back :)

x

Hey Sinead!

I remember you from a while ago, nice to see you again :)

I also took my eye off the ball for a few months. I managed to go from 21 stone 5lbs to 11 stone 6lbs but unfortunately like you said, life happens, and I managed to put on weight and found myself at 14st 4lbs. I have no idea how I managed to do that!! Just shows how easy it is to put on weight I guess :(

So now I'm back on my 'crusade' to lose weight, and I can totally identify with you when it comes to losing friends, crappy mood, lack of social life etc. I also found that when I was putting the weight back on, I was becoming the person I'd tried so hard to separate myself from - fat me!!

So although we have both put on weight and would definitely rather not have done, just know that we lost the weight before, so we can do it again, and we definitely won't be making the same mistake again!!

P.s I'm with you on watching re-runs of supersize vs superskinny. I'm currently watching fat families ;)

xx

So, i'm here, AGAIN.
- I started Cambridge last March (2012) aged 21 years old, weighing almost 21 stone and waiting the results of a gastric band consultation! .. The results came in, i wasn't accepted for a band.. so having previously tried this diet in 2008, i decided to put everything i had into this and tackle my weight properly. I lost 7 stone in 6 months, suffered ALL the side effects along the way, hair loss, numb hands & feet, headaches, throwing up, moodyness, smelly breath, losing friends, partners, kissing goodbye to my social life for a while, everything. But all of that was worth it, losing 7 stone felt amazingggg.. River Island was my new best friend. But life happens when you don't even realise it, and what with getting myself a full time job, launching into a new relationship, the birth of my niece, starting to build up a social life again, in a blink of an eye i said hello to 2 stone again.. I WAS FAT AGAIN :eek: .. I told myself 2 stone was nothing compared to losing 7, but its not until now, that my relationship came crashing down which in a result i ended up losing my job, my moodyness from feeling the gain of weight again has resulted me in losing friendships, to the point really where i've lost everything, is it NOW that i feel maybe i'm ready to lose this added extra 2 stone, but another stone or 2 until i get to my goal of 11 stone.

The past 10 days i've had emails from Cambridge head office, take a break magazine, sky freeview channel & womans own magazine asking me to do photo shoots & share my story.. I'm gutted that i've had to say no, sorry but i'm not at goal yet.

I think its time to get back on the Cambridge wagon, watch plenty of supersize vs superskinny episodes like i used to, update my youtube channel, re-connect with all my cambridge buddies and actually do this!

I'm back :)

x

Hey I remember you from last year don't be so hard on yourself im back I was 15 and half stone now 13 half I got to 11.11 and came off thinking I could manage to be healthy and well it came back on mind I wasn't too healthy :) life happens its normal. Ive moved from Cambridge to slim and save but always have a wonder over to the Cambridge forums to see what's happening

Hi sinead I too am back I'm on day 11 lost almost 5st last year the fell off big time but I am more determined this year I know this works if u stick to it 11lb down 5st 12 to go good luck with your journey x

Best of luck! I think the right attitude is so important when it comes to weight loss of any kind and that's what'll see you through. Never forget who you used to be and why you wanted to change and that actually so many people are in the position you used to be in but haven't yet got to that point where they are strong enough to do something about it :)

Thanks everyone for your messeges :) So sweet to be welcomed back & encouraged to do well !!

Hows everyones weekend been?

xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Back