work place medicals

Loser85

Gold Member
It looks like im going to be offered a job within the nhs, only thing is you have to have a full medical. Not sure if my weight would be a problem? Would it be worth taking my ww card with me? Scary stuff!

Don't think it's about weight.... It's about overall fitness and health.... Don't have to be a stick to be healthy x

Yeah thanks. To be honest so far as im aware im not overly unhealthy (barring the weight). Its for a catering assistant, will be on my feet a while but used to be a carer working 12 hour shifts. Used to sore tootsies! Fingers crossed it all goes ok.

I work within the NHS, and all the 'medical' will be is a look at your general health and any underlying health problems. They just want to have an idea of what your sick time is likely to be - ie, high or low. They're bound by the Disabilities Act and discrimination legislation, so i wouldn't worry too much, even if you do have an underlying health problem. They'd be obliged to make changes to your work place if necessary.

yeah you fill in a form and they don't ask you about weight, just medical problems.

In N.Ireland, you dont even have to have a full medical by a doctor if you haven't filled in any medical problems.. I was fortunate that I got all of my medical complaints after I got employed LOL

i have this tomorrow at 1.50pm.

thank you all for the supportive messages. will let you how i get on.

medical passed :)

weight didnt even come into it. was just really going over the medical history form i handed in with app form.

will hopefully get a start date in the post sometime soon.

Thankoo!

Just desperate for the starting date now. Thing is they are also looking for a supervisor who will work the same shifts as me. That position is open for applications till the 15th april.
Will i have to wait till they start so were both done at the same time? If so ive got a wee bit of a wait yet.

Back