Working out and burning more cals than eating

Here's a link to the medical dictionary that shows the actual definition of gluconeogenesis

glu·co·ne·o·gen·e·sis (glk-n-jn-ss)
n.
The formation of glucose, especially by the liver, from noncarbohydrate sources, such as amino acids. Also called glyconeogenesis.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

gluconeogenesis - definition of gluconeogenesis in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

xx

That principle would apply to any ketogenic diet then that involved more protein than carbs. I've been doing this 20 weeks and never slipped out of ketosis other than when I ate chocolate on my 2 cheats. It works beautifully for me and makes managing the hunger bearable enough to stick to it in the absence of appetite suppression. I've juggled eating all shakes, all Flapjacks, 2 shakes & 1 tuna, 2 shakes, 1 flapjack and 1 or even 2 tuna etc depending how my appetite is that day and I'm always in ketosis.

I don't advocate adapting LT, you should aim for 100%, but am just saying there are ways to manipulate it and still make it work for you. If I hadn't had those 2 incidents that made me cheat I'd be averaging a stone a month just like the rest of you :) x

You've done really great Cookeh! 20 weeks AND getting back on it after the chocolate when I'm sure it would have been easier to throw the towel in! I totally agree that everyone is different and we all just need to find our own way to survive LT!

I do think that its good to know these things though even if they don't apply to all of us. I've had my eyes opened wide about all protein and ketosisy type things since I've been on LT having only tried the traditional low calorie food type dieting in the past! These bodies of ours are much more complicated than I thought! :)

Onwards and downwards!!

Paula x

I agree Paula, the more knowledge we are armed with the better choices we can make with regards to how we handle certain situations.

I've not found it easy this time (last few attempts were a total breeze) so I just had to find a way to cope because the only important goal here really is getting the weight off so we can all be healthy x

Back