Working Solutions Working solutions hellppppppp

welshlal

Hi can any one help please, we are trying to do ws to ease ourselves into TS. I have only been doing it 2 days but weighed and have put on 3 lbs !!!!!! :(
Been looking but there doesn't seem to be much on forworking solutions, so does anyone know if you HAVE to have you 3 packs then a meal?
For example, I have been doing it for 2 days, day one I had a bar then steak ( just steak nothing with it) for tea. Day two had a exante bar then bacon, sausage and black pudding for tea. Am I doing it right? I am really worried that I am wasting my time.

Any help/ advice great fully received
Laura x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I'm not an expert by far, but sausage, black pudding etc isn't lean meat. It needs to be lean cuts of meat, like chicken, turkey or fish. The stuff u ate is not. Someone might offer more info...

Go to the Exante website, there are lots of recipes there for WS.

Sorry to say, but you are eating absolutely the wrong things - processed meats, full of fats and additives. Sausages in particular have carbohydrate fillers in them :eek:

WS is a good alternative to TS - but needs to be thought out a bit.

Good luck on your journey - congratulations on making a start, just needs a bit of a rethink! :)

Yeah things like that are a no no, it has to be low carb, low fat and low calorie, meats like chicken and turkey are ideal, served with low carb veggies or a salad. The Exante website gives you lots of information on it. You've got to have 3 Exante meals and drink 2-4 litres of fluids a day on top of your shakes etc. there are only certain types of drinks allowed.

If you go to the recipe thread and the stickies there is a brilliant list of ketogenic foods to help you on your way. Good luck x

Thanks for your help guys. I have previously done the Atkins and just assumed that these were free foods like on there. I should have added that my hubby to be is a butcher so makes all the sausage etc himself and when he makes ours put absolutely nothing else in. Going to have to re look at this I think. Thanks again x

Are you also only having one Exante pack a day?? If you are then yes youre wasting your time because youre not doing WS youre doing your own VLCD which is completely unhealthy and your body is clilnging on for dear life to the calories youre putting in it. Youre basically starving yourself and as you see its impacting on your losses

If youre doing WS you MUST do it the way Exante say 3 packs PLUS food, you cant just change the rules.

Last edited:
Hi

I'm on the working solution. I have to admit I only have 2 packs a day, I couldn't manage 3 I have to force myself into 2.

Also I have never read the rules into what I should be eating on the exante website. I don't have any more than 600 calories in my evening meal so therefore I'm on 1000 calories a day you couldn't put weight on with that.

I have found weight watchers meals and salad to be my life savour. Eating Lots of fish and substituted red meat which I have never liked to Quorn. I rarely eat bread as I've never liked it, but I eat pasta I just calorie count it.

Try to only weigh yourself once a week I'm on week 7 and lost 27lbs! I'm happy with that.

I wanted to do the total solution but with my shifts and home life it didn't work for me however this is so simple for me and I'm getting the results. In the end I want to loose weight if It takes longer but I manage to get to target it's got to be the right option for me.

T xx

Hi Tiff, Week 7 with 27lbs off is really fabulous! I'm on week 8 TS and haven't really lost that much more. Well done you!

Thanks Aaron, i must admitt so far i havent had it to hard, even over my birthday but i guess its much easier being able to have that one meal a day. I do Plan to go to Total...once my shifts have settled. I work a twilight shift so we all eat at work, with being at a new job i dont want to make to much of an issue out of what i am doing. Once i have settled in more and know who im working with the plan is to move over to Total. However i have put aside this year to lose the weight and so far im on track for that which is good.

Well done on the 39lbs loss! It must be a big change!

Sorry daydream but what you're doing is NOT WS. It's basically just your own low calorie diet. You're not following any of the WS rules at all you're calorie counting. It's not WS by any stretch of the imagination and it's totally giving out the wrong message to newcomers to say it is

If you want a diet that does 2 shakes and a meal you'd be better doing something like Slimfast which is designed to be done that way. It'll save you a fortune

Last edited:
I tried slimfast but it makes me poorly.

Most people in the forums I have read have altered the diet to fit them slightly, like the tesco bars and the biggest loser bars there not advertised on the exante website.

It's working for me and I'm sure lots and lots of others are doing the same. I don't think the weight I have lost should be shunned.

And saying it's totally off what exante advertise is exaggerating the only thing I don't follow is the 3 milkshakes.

I don't think you're following a ketogenic diet though.

With you having carbs but calorie counting them you must struggle to be in ketosis which is the 'mode' that will protect your lean vital organs and ensure you burn fat.

Also are you not hungry quite a lot?

Not at all. Which I thought was strange as when I was on LL total I felt hungry alot.

This works for me. Clearly i must be in the wrong group for support however this seemed to be the forum that fitted my diet.

Apologies for posting on the wrong thread will re-think which one to post in.

The three packs too hun are what insure u get all ur nutrients and vitamins in the correct levels. If u are finding it hard to manage all the packs then try splitting them up it helps a lot.

Just thought worth a mention but I read someone else advising on another post that the diet wasnt about being in ketosis...that its about the calorie deficit...which didnt sound at all correct to me!xx

Its not exagerating at all. If you took the time to look at what WS is youll see what youre doing is anything but it.

WS food has to be high protein low carb ketogenic food. That rules out ready meals, bread and pasta etc.

Ketosis
300 - 400 Calories

These are the type of meals you SHOULD be having on WS.

Cutting back your shakes could not only affect weight loss but your health too.

WS is a fantastic option and the food choices are there but it has to be dont properly not made up as people go along. Theres a massive difference between having a BL bar or Coke Zero to cutting back essential shakes and eating ready meals

The three packs too hun are what insure u get all ur nutrients and vitamins in the correct levels. If u are finding it hard to manage all the packs then try splitting them up it helps a lot.

Just thought worth a mention but I read someone else advising on another post that the diet wasnt about being in ketosis...that its about the calorie deficit...which didnt sound at all correct to me!xx

Its partly correct, its the calorie deficit which causes the weight loss, ketosis is important though for your general well being and coping with hunger its NOT essential for losing weight though :)

As per my correction post I think I'm closer to the simple solution which states you have a low calorie meal to the value of 600 calories.

That's a good idea dolly daydream thanks for the tip I will try that.

But again even simple solutions is about ketogenic food not just any random meals/food totalling the kcals.
Its not just a case of eating anything to make up your calorie intake

From the exante site:
Simple Solution - Low Calorie Diet (LCD)

Have three products a day – Choose from low calorie shakes, soups, and bars.
The choice of product is up to you, some clients prefer shakes only and others prefer a mix of all products. Three products a day will give you 100% RDAs.
Choose how and what you want to eat using the meals and snacks on the Recipe pages
- You can have up to 600 kcal, made up of healthy low calorie snacks or meals.

But is it not being in ketosis that causes the body to burn fat stores at a faster rate than it would if just on a low cal diet? Also obviously its not just calorie deficit thats important, its lack of carbohydrate too.xx

Back