Workout on empty or full stomach

Debs1972

MiniMins Addict
I am confused, is it better to workout before or after eating?

I have always preferred to do it before as doing it after is uncomfortable but at the same time my opinion is that doing it after works off what you have eaten.

I have researched it and I am getting different views.

Eat something light, drink plenty of water throughout exercise. NEVER eat anything heavy! Apart from possible indigestion there's a possibility of part digested food coming back up the digestive track which can lead to all sorts of complications.

I lost my nephew when he was 13 who bolted down his food at lunchtime before going on a cross country run, he vomited and choked.

Thanks Cee

So sorry to hear about your nephew. Makes you think about the limited time children get at school at lunch time. i can see them rushing their food down also so they get more time to play

you need a small amount of carbs before you start, and a good dose of protein straight after. Carbs before to keep up your blood sugar so you have plenty of energy, and protein to help the muscles repair after. Ideally a protein shake for immediate absorption, or a healthy protein filled meal after the session.

Back