Workouts for TOTAL beginners

txgardenia

I would love to hear what exercise videos everyone is using besides the 30 Day Shred. I am really unfit right now, and haven't exercised other than riding my bicycle and stretching, in probably 7 years. I also have a sensitive knee which is very easily injured, so I can't do certain exercises.

I just used a DVD called "10 minute solution target toning for beginners" and i really like it. It is very, very basic, which is exactly where i am starting from and what i need. I am using 3 pound hand weights right now. The instructor is very cheery without being annoying. The DVD is split into 5 10 minute sessions (with their own chapter links on the DVD menu) so that if you want to really work on a certain area, just skip to that part of the DVD. And you can easily repeat one of the workouts by just repeating the chapter.

I feel so good after doing 40 minutes of the DVD. I had forgotten how much better i feel when i get some real exercise, not just walking.

What is everyone else using? :)

I have a few Rosemary Conley ones that I like as they are not too strenuous! I particularly like the salsacise one. I also have Hannah Waterman's and the 30 day shred. These are a bit too much for me at the moment although I aim to do them one day without collapsing into a heap at the end of it!

I just received my resistance band and resistance band workout DVD i ordered off amazon last week. i am really excited to give it a try. it had some great reviews with ladies saying they really can tell the difference and have toned up a lot since doing the DVD. I have heard of Rosemary Conley before, but i didn't realise she did workout videos.

I just received my resistance band and resistance band workout DVD i ordered off amazon last week. i am really excited to give it a try. it had some great reviews with ladies saying they really can tell the difference and have toned up a lot since doing the DVD. I have heard of Rosemary Conley before, but i didn't realise she did workout videos.

How is your resistance workout going ?

Back