Workouts for TOTAL beginners

Discussion in 'Exante - Off Topic' started by txgardenia, 6 August 2011 Social URL.

1. txgardenia

txgardenia Full Member

I would love to hear what exercise videos everyone is using besides the 30 Day Shred. I am really unfit right now, and haven't exercised other than riding my bicycle and stretching, in probably 7 years. I also have a sensitive knee which is very easily injured, so I can't do certain exercises.

I just used a DVD called "10 minute solution target toning for beginners" and i really like it. It is very, very basic, which is exactly where i am starting from and what i need. I am using 3 pound hand weights right now. The instructor is very cheery without being annoying. The DVD is split into 5 10 minute sessions (with their own chapter links on the DVD menu) so that if you want to really work on a certain area, just skip to that part of the DVD. And you can easily repeat one of the workouts by just repeating the chapter.

I feel so good after doing 40 minutes of the DVD. I had forgotten how much better i feel when i get some real exercise, not just walking.

What is everyone else using? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. a thinner me

a thinner me Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.9%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I have a few Rosemary Conley ones that I like as they are not too strenuous! I particularly like the salsacise one. I also have Hannah Waterman's and the 30 day shred. These are a bit too much for me at the moment although I aim to do them one day without collapsing into a heap at the end of it!

4. txgardenia

txgardenia Full Member

I just received my resistance band and resistance band workout DVD i ordered off amazon last week. i am really excited to give it a try. it had some great reviews with ladies saying they really can tell the difference and have toned up a lot since doing the DVD. I have heard of Rosemary Conley before, but i didn't realise she did workout videos.

5. Nasher and Basher

Nasher and Basher Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.2lb(1.76%)
    How is your resistance workout going ?

6. Ellie_G

Ellie_G Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(14.63%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save / Exante
    The Leslie Sansone "Walk Away The Pounds" dvds are good. I'm incredibly uncoordinated and they consist of just 4 steps along with using hand weights. You feel like you've done a good workout at the end of it despite it not sounding as energetic as other dvds.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.