Worra Bummer

Lou

Silver Member
Only lost 2lbs this week :rant2:

I know it's still a loss, but I want one of those :wow: weeks. Maybe this next week will be my week.

I hear ya hun and don't blame you at all for feeling that way! But it seems that small loss weeks are often followed by big ones! Hang in there and try and look at the big picture.....you are averaging 4lbs loss a week which is brilliant! Roll on next week and may it be a WOW week!

I know exactly how you feel Lou!! It CAN make you feel awful can't it? Logically we KNOW 2lbs is great but because we expect so much more we aren't satisfied with it.

I only lost 1.6lbs last week - despite cooking for a load of people on Mother's day but having NOTHING I shouldn't have myself ..... that's what made it doubly hard to take!

So I, too am reeeeeeeeeeeally hoping for a good one tomorrow!

Fingers crossed for you as well! It's GOT to show sometime surely!! xx

I'm not gonna lie, I always want big losses and I always want to see big losses hear but in reality, droppin 2 lbs in weight in a week, no 2 lbs in FAT, is a big loss. I know you're probably a bit disappointed but do keep going and I'm sure you'll have a bigger loss soon enough. It really is a good loss ya know so well well done!

Thanks everyone. I know I should be pleased with 2lbs and I am... really.... honest, but I'm so going to lose more next week. I'm even going to uncover my cross trainer and have a go this week. At the moment it's like an extension to my wardrobe with clothes and coats hanging on it :giggle:

Thanks Rosie ..... thinking about it I think I may have not drunk enough water.

There are so many conflicting views on how much to have, what counts as 'water' etc etc I got myself all confused.

I read around all the posts on here (and believe me there are LOADS) about it as well as some medical/scientific sites last night and have found explanations/advice that ring true for ME so I feel as though I know where I am re water better than I did before.

Basically - in case anyone is interested and/or perhaps having the same conflicts - I am going for 4 litres per day and I'm only counting water (still or sparkling) and de-caffeinated tea (ordinary or green) & coffee. (Caffeine being a diuretic, if you drink caffeinated drinks you actually need to drink MORE water to compensate) You can count herbal leaf teas such as peppermint, nettle, dandelion, fennel etc but I don't like them.

As I've said this is the conclusion I've come to for ME after the research I've done - I know others have their own conclusions but this is what resonates for me.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Lou but thought it might be helpful ..... ?? xx

And there's another thing full of conflicting advice ..... the subject of exercise! ........ I won't go there right now - one conclusion at a time ... don't want to bore anyone ;) xx

Actually that makes sense and could be my reason for a low loss this week. So as well as a little excercise I'm going to up my water in take. Does green tea have caffeine in it or is it like normal tea where you can have it with or without?

Actually that makes sense and could be my reason for a low loss this week. So as well as a little excercise I'm going to up my water in take. Does green tea have caffeine in it or is it like normal tea where you can have it with or without?

You can buy it with or without - same as ordinary x

No please Jan. What was your conclusion on exercise?

Well if you're sure - I'm off to find the link that made the most sense to me ...... mind you ..... me and the big "E" word don't get on very well so I could well be a bit biased on this one! ;) :eek:

Back soon x

No please Jan. What was your conclusion on exercise?

Easier to paste this great post from pete10141748 I think. There are loads of threads on this subject - you may find things that make more sense to you if you do a search. This bloke makes a lot of sense to me though ... again just MHO xx

Toning exercise is better for your weightloss than cardio while on a VLCD.

I won't bore you with the science, but here's the basic idea;
you are existing on 500ish cals a day with the VLCD diet
your body requires around 2000(min) cals a day to survive
it therefore burns fat to get those extra cals

however

if you start doing lots of cardio, you up the required cals for your body to stay living

your body can't convert fat to energy quickly, it is a slow process compared to converting any other substance (including muscle tissues)

if you do too much cardio, your body will panic as it does not have the energy for it, and you risk pushing yourself into so-called "starvation mode", where you body will hang onto everything it has for use at a much more critical later date (i.e. it's better to let your body go wanting now and use the fats when you have been 'starving' for a week, then use it up now and let you starve moreso later on)

remember, your body doesn't *know* that you are trying to lose weight (and in the hunter-gatherer-survival sense, having fat is a good thing as you will be able to live longer without eating), all it does it convert one substance into another (foodpacks into energy, fat into energy) and if one of them gets in deficit or the demand placed on the body to perform is too high, then it will do the exact opposite.

So, in a nutshell, don't overdo the cardio, or you will probably see your fatloss slow down. light toning is fine, but again don't go in for the "muslce building" as on a VLCD you won't be getting enough protien to really build muscle up anyway (and by the end of the diet you will have most certainly have lost some muscle mass too)

Afterthought; muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. 1lb is 1lb, wether it is a pound of brick or a pound of feathers.

The difference is, 1lb of fat takes up more physical room than 1lb of muscle, as muscle cells are streamlined and fat cells are bulky.

Diagram to help explain;
fat-v-muscle3.jpg

I KNOW!!!!! You can only really go by what feels right for you - and the results you get from whatever you decide. xx

Back