Worried about all this water ...!

*Mojo-jojo*

Say it in Dr Evil style!!
Hi ya ,
New here allthough some of u are getting to know me now....

I am due to start cd a.s.a.p.. im here getting all familar with the diet before i begin i have noticed that you need to drink 4 litres of water miniumn:eek::eek::eek:

This worries me!! Im not a big drinker and lucky if i get 1-2 litre in me a day ........Is this gunna be a mega problem if i can only manage 2 litres and do u stick to drinking the water at set times during the day ......

t.i.a x

You don't need to drink 4L minimum. On top of your shakes you need to drink 2.25 litres of water

Thats about 5 mugs of water.

People can and do drink more but don't panic. Drink it when you like spaced throughout the day, better wee swallows here and there than trying to chug down 2L at a time.

Its not that bad.. just drink as much as you can but it is good to try and drink 3 litres.... there is a flavouring that you can add to it . I am new sure if you have to be doing it a few weeks before you can get it someone else maybe able to help.
Good luck x

I manage to drink about 2 1/2-3 litres of water a day. Some days are easier than others. Like you, I'm not a big drinker and I find it hard. I make my shakes up with extra water too to give me a bit of extra fluid. I keep 5 bottles of water out for the day. I take 4 to work with me and just sip them constantly throughout the day. I've usually got about halfway through bottle 4 by the time I leave work. I try not to drink too much in the evening as I would spend most of my time in the loo. I haven't tried the drink flavourings yet, but I'm getting a bit sick of plain water now so I might get some next time.

Why must I drink so much when on the Cambridge Diet?

There are several reasons. A good rule of thumb for good health is to drink 2 litres (4 pints) of fluid a day whether trying to lose weight or not.

If the Cambridge Diet is used as the sole source of nutrition 2 litres is the minimum for good health - 3 to 4 litres (6-8 pints) would be even better.

Reasons:
A very low calorie diet (VLCD) like the Cambridge Diet produces a natural water loss and this must be replaced.
Food is largely composed of water, just like our bodies. On the sole source programme it is necessary to compensate for the fluid that would otherwise have been taken in through food. It is important to keep the body's fluid levels topped up to prevent the unpleasant symptoms of dehydration - headache, dizziness, fatigue, irritability and constipation.
The Cambridge Diet offers complete nutrition but in a very concentrated form. It is therefore ideal to have 250ml (½ pint) of water before each diet to dilute the concentration of minerals and to help prevent any possible feeling of nausea.
Extra fluid enables the body to get rid of the waste products associated with the breakdown of fats resulting from weight loss.

The key is understanding why you have to drink so much , and then it should become easy . I'm sure you don't want them things happening to you , do you ?
So drink , and drink lol

hey hon. i used to drink far too little. even when eating. after starting cd i now glug away merrily. after the first week of running to the loo that settled down and i found it much more managable.

cambridge recommends a minimum of 2.5litres a day. and i know that i feel peculiar if i drink over 4. so generally i try and make it to 3 litres.

hope that helps.

abz xx

AAww cheers guys !! im feeling really positive now ..

I have drunk 1.5 litres allready its actually not that bad ..this is all good prep for the next few weeks!!!

its so good to have fab advice!

xx

It is really important NOT to drink too much water!!!
Sometimes people can drink 4-5 litres and be fine, but you can drink too much and make yourself very ill...
I think the average is about 3 ontop of your shakes!
I always make my shakes up with double the water which gives me and extra 3/4 litre over the day (I don't like my shakes that thick and this way they really fill me up) I then manage about 2 litres of plain water inbetween, Like Abz I found that I got very odd when drinking too much and this is because you are overdiluting essential nutrients and they are being pee'd out before you have a chance to use them for essential body processes.
Hope you have now sorted your cdc, I know one but not the other so good luck!

x

Hiya tilly

I have rung a few times but they must be out enjoying the sun , i cant really ring on a sunday and bank holiday ..... will try again on tuesday ;-)

I have tried the orange flavouring and it's lovely. Apparently you shouldn't use it in your first two weeks in case it affect ketosis, but if you are struggling to get the water down, it really does help.

Also, you are allowed a can of coke zero a day (correct me if I am wrong). It is very very rare I drink pop when I'm on this diet but I have actually bought a bottle today just for a little treat tonight.

Sparkles, congrats on the new car - I love new cars me :)

oohh coke zero ......really??.....

right **slap** i must not let fizzy drinks into my life ....i had a addiction to these drinks i used to get headaches & craving for pepsi if i didnt get my pop fix i was evil ... i realised i had a problem with them & went cold turkey & i have been fizzy drink free for 5 months....yea me!

Also, you are allowed a can of coke zero a day (correct me if I am wrong).

Corrected :copon: :D :D

Coke zero isn't officially allowed, though some people find they have no problem with it.

If I had to drink plain cold water, I wouldn't have been able to do this diet. I rely on mild black coffee (caff or decaff depending on time of day) with a sweetener and a sprinkle of cinnamon in it. (I 'chain-drink', i.e. make sure there's a drink at my elbow at all times.)

Black tea is a bit yucky for me (it seems to get too strong in seconds) although I have got camomile and jasmine and a few different ones to try. But it's the mild black coffee that's getting me through this, for sure. :)

cinnimon in coffee wow i LLOOOOOVVEEE that idea will defo have a go at that... i actually have sum cinimon in the cupboard now...........

jaycey, officially tea and coffee are supposed to be additional to just plain old water i'm afraid. can you not make it more palatable with the water flavourings?

abz xx

Corrected :copon: :D :D

Coke zero isn't officially allowed, though some people find they have no problem with it.

OOpppsss sorry:d'oh:, hope I haven't misled anyone and you've all went out and bought 24 cans of coke zero :D. I was always told (by my CDC too) that this was allowed, even read it on this site too in the past. So won't be having any more of that then :ashamed0005:

I have the odd can of Coke Zero too Mia. Not sure I would have survived the last week without it. Even if it isn't strictly allowed, I'm going to allow myself one every so often. Although I do drink it in addition to the recommend amount of water too

the reason coke zero was disallowed i believe (it was allowed for a short time) is that it led people to cheat. it made people hungry and gave them additional cravings.

there are quite a few people on here that still drink it and i think the general consensus is if you try it and it doesn't throw you off the wagon then so be it. but cambridge no longer condones it and i think you need to limit how much you have...

abz xx

Back