worried im on the slope

duncan

Silver Member
Im struggling now with the maintenance, i had a few weeks blip a little while ago, spoke to my cdc and she said drink the water and cut the carbs, well within a week the 7lb i gained came off, excellent im thinking.
Then......... my mum comes down for easter for 2 weeks, meals out, doritos and dips, bloody hell, i feel absolutely massively fat and...... its all around my middle.
I feel as if im yoyoing now weight on, weight off. A little depressed now, i got on the scales this morning and weighed 9.4lb :(, cant help but beat myself up abput it.

it seems as if you've just had a couple of weeks with random meals out and snacks etc. so prob why you might have gained a little bit of weight. eating out wouldnt be part of a normal eating pattern if you were just following a standard eating plan so its obviously because of the extra naughty treats you've had. draw a line under it and try and get back on track with your normal maintenance routine, not sure if you are following a set plan like slimming world or calorie counting but i would imagine that any weight you've gained is to do with that extra food you've had. you've done so well, cant believe your losses, just looking at your signature now. keep the faith with the maintenance and if you feel like adding an extra treat, wait for at least 15 mins then re-evaluate!

Firstly massive congrats on achieving your goal that's wonderful. Secondly you need to get in the mindset that you are at goal and now the real work begins. This is real life and you are going to be faced with the whole world of choices, both good and bad. Although i'm of the mindset there are no "bad" foods you just have to eat to moderation. It's unrealistic to expect you will remain an angel for the rest of your life, you will have days or even the odd week where you will have a treat or 2 but what you need to do is not let it get out of control and allow all the old habits to come back.

I hope you don't think im being hypocritical esp as i've still got over 100lbs to lose but this is how i believe i need to be when i get to goal. There's nothing wrong with having a treat but don't let it turn into a regular habit and before you know it become your normal lifestyle. I think it's normal aswell to perhaps fluctuate weight initially until you find a level that's comfortable for you, i would suggest perhaps not weighing yourself and go off your clothes. You know you're going to initially retain water and of course the scales will show a negative result but if it was me this would just reinforce me feeling rubbish and then i would end up on a scale of "well i've ruined it i might as well carry on" and all the other negative feelings i get when i do have a blip.

I really hope that waffle makes sense and remember you have been immensly successful so well done!!!

Back