Worrying

LV30

Gold Member
Hello
I've read a few threads this morning about how desperately unhappy some people are feeling. My god, it didn't half ring some bells, because i know exactly what they are going through.

Being invited out to parties and weekends away and so no wanting to go because I had nothing to wear - and I didn't want to go because I didn't want other people to see how big i was. I wanted to lock myself away and eat rubbish. And I did. The rubbish excuses I gave to people for not going out - they must have thought I was the rudest person (well, I suffered from bad headaches, or bad stomach ache - any excuse I could find - i made it not to go out).

It is such a struggle sometimes to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it can be such a dispairing time.

BUT there comes a point when you've really got to want it and START doing it. I wasted years and years of my life because i was fat. How sad is that? It's really really heartbreaking.

So please ladies - please please make today the day you will make a fresh start - don't waste another day. Just do it. Even tho it's hard the results are amazing. Reclaim your life back!! No-one can do it for you... we can help and advise and give you virtual hugs and virtual boots up the backsides... but ultimately it's down to you.

With love to you all... we are all in this together and we will do it!!

Lx

good post hun, can totally agree with the first half and hope to put the second half into action after i rejoin tonight

Excellent post :D

I'm exactly the same. Don't go out as I have nothing to wear and feel fat but hate shopping because I'm fat! Im 23 and should be out but it's stopped me for so long but not any longer!

Excellent post and one i can totally relate to. I sometimes think "im more miserable being on a diet than i am being fat"...but i know in myself thats just an excuse to stop. We can still have nights out, etc, we just have to make the right choices now and thats something a lot of us are not used to. Were on our way to a happier healthier lifestyle so for that its got to be worth it (oh and to run around after my 3 year old without being knackered after ten mins would be fab lol) xx

babystar31 said:
Excellent post and one i can totally relate to. I sometimes think "im more miserable being on a diet than i am being fat"...but i know in myself thats just an excuse to stop. We can still have nights out, etc, we just have to make the right choices now and thats something a lot of us are not used to. Were on our way to a happier healthier lifestyle so for that its got to be worth it (oh and to run around after my 3 year old without being knackered after ten mins would be fab lol) xx

I second that - have a 3 yr old and need to be able to keep up with him. He's getting more active as he gets older and I need to be the same.

Excellent post - I got to the stage that I was sick of having my life on hold for "when I get slim" (when I wasn't even doing anything to lost weight).

Life is way too short to miss out on things because of cakes or chocolate or crisps or chips...

Thanks for a great post. I wasted 10 years of my life being fat and unhappy. I wanted to go on girls weekends, nights out with friends...but instead used to hide away too. I remember one time it was a works night out and I had nothing to wear. I went out at lunchtime and found a pair of black trousers and a aqua coloured busty stretch top (thinking that if I have a bit of cleavage showing, it might detract from my weight). Got back to work and everyone was getting ready in the office, hair curlers, make-up, everyone looking gorgeous.....I was in the toilet trying to get my trousers on and the zip wouldn't go up, I was sweating and feeling all agitated. I finally had to get a safety pin to hold them up. Walked out to the office and I looked a red, sweaty, muffin-topped, disgusting mess compared to everyone looking glam in their beautiful dresses. Everyone said "oh you look nice", but lets face it, I looked a state.

So what I am getting at, is I am never going back to that again. Next time I get ready at the office party, I WILL look amazing, everything will slip on with ease, I will have fresh armpits :) and most importantly I will be happy xx

I'm exactly the same. Don't go out as I have nothing to wear and feel fat but hate shopping because I'm fat! Im 23 and should be out but it's stopped me for so long but not any longer!

I'm also 23 and never want to go out with friends, but that is certainly going to change :)

Oh Stefanie. I could have written that myself. I know exactly what you mean.
Big hugs to you lovely. We are never going back there, are we?
Lxx

I'm 31 and stopped going out about 8 years ago. I do miss going out with my friends. I feel dull and boring.

Gemmalina - that is just so sad. I totally understand how you are feeling, and i know people say this ALL the time, but life is way too short to stay in and not have fun. You may feel dull and boring but I bet you aren't - you are just not giving yourself the opportunity to go out and have a laugh.

We'll get to where we are going, hopefully sooner rather than later, but please, please, go out and have fun with your friends.

Big hugs to you lovely.

Lx

Great post! Staying in all the time makes you depressed, being depressed makes you eat more unhealthy things.. and then you gain more weight!
I never wanted to go away and I remember after I lost my first stone, I went away for one of the girl's bday's and I had a fantastic time. Down two stone now and i'm looking forward to another weekend away with the girls in a couple of weeks..
There'll be no stopping me soon!

It's amazing how we can deprive ourselves of the fun things

Thanks - I appreciate that. And am slowly changing bad habits (and not letting weight rule life). You don't see it at first and then you look back and think, "why have I let this happen?".

Last edited:
Great post!!!!
This is totally me. I absolutely DREAD being invited out, how sad it that? Most of the friends I would see have not seen me for a while and I am sooo much heavier than last time I saw some of them.
I mostly worry about my partner's friends inviting us out as a couple
as I would feel even more awful if he had to miss out because of one of my pathetic excuses.
I use so many excuses not to start sw again, but why am I putting off doing something about feeling so miserable.
When I first did SW and lost all the weight, i never missed out whilst doing it, in fact I went out most weekends, had takeaways and treats and because I worked than plan around my life I never felt deprived.
It is really really sad to think that our lives are so short and yet for most of mine my weight has made me miserable, so many wasted years.
This post has really struck a chord and made me think about the fact that I am currently keeping myself miserable when I have a chance to change all that!!
Thanks so much and good luck to all who have been inspired by this post to make a change for the better! xx

What a wonderful post - it has really helped me to remember where I came from and what I am doing now.

I reached target last year - lost 5 stones between January and June - ok, so I've put on a few lbs, but I know why and I'm doing something about it.

But, when I was overweight (and let's face it, obese - almost as round as I am tall!!!) I do remember hiding myself all of the time - going out was a chore. I never ever wanted anyone to take photos of me, I never ever felt comfortable.

Although losing weight didn't change me into a social butterfly overnight, it did give me the self belief that I could achieve things and that I could change.

Going out (as a slimmer person) was a very different experience. I could comfortably and confidently choose an outfit, I felt so proud of myself and it did feel as though others spoke to me differently.

Anyway, I won't go on, but this post really struck a chord with me. x

Back