WOTY criteria question

maxine uk

hi i was just wondering what the criteria for WOTY (woman of the year) is ???
ive been nominated for this fantastic award along with 2 wonderful ladies at the group i attend, so what is the criteria for the lucky group winner to go forward
does anyone know please

Well done on being nominated :D but sorry hun no idea maybe someone else on here knows or have you spoken to your SW consultant. I'm sure she'll know or will be able to find out :) x

Our C said it can be anything, doesn't just have to be about how much weight is lost. It CAN be about someone who has lost a lot of weight, or someone who makes you laugh, or someone who has inspired you in some way. Not sure if thats how it is for all classes but thats what ours said.

Ok so far I have replies from a past contestant, and a class winner going through to the district heats. You need to have lost more than 3 stones and your BMI needs to be in a certain range (Not sure what that range is sorry).

Are they SURE about that? We've just had our WOTY chosen this week, and none of the nominees have lost over three stone (although they look like they have! lol). OUr C said it's not loss based at all.

i think that to be a group woman of the year is slightly differant, if your within a range of certain "criteria" then you can be put forward to the next stage and then to the final, i just wondered what the next stage would be :)

well done on the weight loss, any tips??

Aww, Clairey, it would still be nice to be your groups WOTY though wouldnt it? Even being nominated would be an honour. Mind you, in our group, even having a WOTY discussion would be a novelty. I really dont think we are doing it. I wouldnt want nominating coz I havent even been there for half a year yet, but it would be nice to give a boost to say, one of the target members, or someone whos worked really hard on it.

Sorry, there is no criteria for the class WOTY....it's some one who inspires you and others, someone you would miss if they weren't in class anymore. Personally I think if someone nominates you then it's an honour to do what you need to do regardless how far you get or can go....

.....The criteria is to move up to the district heat.

oh i am very honoured and chuffed to be even nominated dont get me wrong, i just wondered if people "had" to get all that advertising stuff that goes with winning something, i know sw likes to self promote where ever possible

Aww, Clairey, it would still be nice to be your groups WOTY though wouldnt it? Even being nominated would be an honour. Mind you, in our group, even having a WOTY discussion would be a novelty. I really dont think we are doing it. I wouldnt want nominating coz I havent even been there for half a year yet, but it would be nice to give a boost to say, one of the target members, or someone whos worked really hard on it.

Sorry, was feeling a bit down in the dumps when I typed this answer earlier, having read another WOTY thread. Kind of took the wind out of my sails, ya know? But since then, my C has text me and I'm feeling much better and more positive, and yes, I do feel it an honour to even be nominated, would feel amazing to win!!

I've only been there since January, but, apart from holiday weeks, I've never missed a meeting. I really enjoy going, weighing everyone, and chatting about our week. It's our own private little gang! :)

sounds like the sort of support that happens at the group i attend :)
i had a go at weighing in on tuesday (i have my slimming world consultant interview on monday very excited about that too) i love the whole idea of sharing ideas and tips sw is great :)
i joined june last year and have only missed 1 wi due to not getting back form holiday in time (otherwise i would have gone) i think its so important to stay to image therapy those who just weigh and go seem to miss out on alot

maxine I will be thinking about you on Monday, hope all goes well. Your feelings are understandable, just go knock them dead girl!! After the interview when you get to Head Office, check out the toilets!! May seem like an odd thing for me to say but just do it, you'll be amazed hehehe x x x

well if i get through the interview and am lucky enough to be given the chance the 1st place im heading for is the toilets :D can i ask how you know :)

the toilets are even better now as they've been done up recently! we took the 1 guy in there cos he didnt believe what they were like!

oh and the criteria for woman of the year to go through to the district finals you need to have lost a minimum of 3stone and be a certain weight for your height. If your in criteria then your consultant will tell you as there is loads of work to be done on their part before you go to the district finals.

Back