Would like to say hello : )

almostthere

Vanishing Woman
Hi. Have decided to join you if I may.

Lost 2.5 stone last year. Started off doing ww (hated it) then switched to low carb which I love!

Have just under a stone left to lose and am finding myself reverting back to my old carb-rich way of eating, which is just a disaster waiting to happen! Have decided I need encouragement and daily chats with other LCers to stop myself going completely off the rails and piling all my weight back on. And you all seem like a supportive, friendly bunch so hope you don't mind me barging in!

Will be restarting induction which I will follow for about four days to hopefully kick me back into ketosis.

You sound exactly like me hun! I need somewhere for support and this place is the best! I have 2 & a half stone left to my target.

Good luck on you induction! I'm low carving but not following Atkins. I know my attention span and rebellious side so for me low carb my own way is best! Lol!

:) x

Hello and thanks! Looking forward to getting back to it and finally getting to goal.
You have done amazingly! 100lbs loss wow wow wow!

Thank you :) it was mainly from sticking to the Cambridge Diet rigidly for 6 months. Since coming off that I've wavered quiet a bit both in diets and due to personal situations (a break up and then a very happy new relationship - both equally disastrous for my weight lol!) so I just wanna get that last bit off! I was over 21 st at my heaviest and I feel so much better now but my weight dies still bother me (on a semi-daily basis) so just looking forward to getting to my goal and having a way of eating I can use for life not just short term.

Plus who doesn't want to eat tin of cheese and bacon!! Low carb woo! X

If you could stick to the Cambridge Diet for six months I have no doubts you will be able to get that last bit of weight off low carbing.

You must have some willpwer! I didn't last a week on Cambridge.

Good to hear about the new relationship though. A new start for a new you!

Thanks ladyfelsham. Low carbing is brilliant. When you actually do it that is...

Back to it today! Typically have woken up full of the cold. Sore throat, bunged up, the works. Never mind, am going to do this whatever.

Hello I'm low carbing too, trying to stick to Atkins as much as possible but I'm unsure of everything I am allowed. Are can't of diet drinks allowed? Diet coke eh?

Diet drinks (cola etc) are allowed, but try to avoid ones with citric acid. I think Asda's own cola is ok (but I'm open to corrections).

I tend to steer clear of diet drinks as I found I stalled with them. The sweeteners can cause problems with your insulance levels (if I remember correctly) which can interfere with weight loss. I'm sure there are plenty who can drink them with no problems though, so I guess it's a case of try it and see.

Also, I found I would stop drinking water in favour of diet drinks, which wasn't advisable so I avoid them for that reason too.

Everyone is different though.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for that info. I drink LOADS of water as well though so defo not short of water x

Welcome! Been at this a month now so enjoy and you WILL find everyone so helpful ;)

Thanks honda! Have noticed how lovely and helpful everyone is here. Is just what I have been looking for as don't know anyone in RL who low carbs so have no-one to speak to about it. Can be hard going at times when you are doing it alone <cue sad violin music>

Hi almost there! I lost weight initially on lighter life and am here for the long haul for maintenance, having discovered in the past year since reaching goal that carbs totally don't agree with me. Been dabbling until now, but recently decided to really give this a proper go. Welcome!

Hello hun!

Thought I'd pop by and give some encouragement :) hoping to be at it with you 100% when I get back off my

Good luck

Xx

<waves frantically to raeslim, spanglymum and nikki>

Hello! I feel loved!

How's the transition from CD to atkins been for you raesmum? Are you finding it easier to follow?

Have heard a few say that about LL spangly. Is it low carb too? I can't see LL being something that you could follow for life, but don't know enough about it to know for sure. It is meal replacement based though, isn't it?

Thanks nikki - the encouragement will be a two way street : ). Hope you get back off your back/horse/computer??? whatever it was (is a big blank where you probably put a smiley - my stoopid bb doesn't show them) soon! Hehe.

Back