Would love to lose 10 stone.. Seems impossible!

hannaali

Hey everyone!

I am starting Slimming World for the second time, and I hope this time I can make it work for me. I am doing it from home this time, and on my own, as the last time I tried group I would feel so humiliated if I'd maintained or put on.. So here goes! My OH has bought me a Fitbit and I hope to achieve 10000 steps a day with that.

So ideally I'd like to lose 10 whole stone (I haven't set myself a goal date of when to do this by as I think it would make me panic and then I'd just give up if I wasn't 'on target' so to speak) I'm going to say that I'd like to get down to 12st first as I think then I'd be happy with my body and myself :)

All my life (since I was around 13 years old) I have been 'big' and I just wish back then when I first thought I was big that I had done something about it. But no, I left it too late, and here I am looking like a whale ten years later :(

I won't start putting myself down on here, I do enough of that already! But if any of you would like to support or comment through this journey to a better me, I would love to hear what you have to say, be it advice, support, or criticism.

I'm going into this with my eyes, heart and mind open. Here goes nothing...

Hanna xo

You've made the first step - congrats.
I hated the idea of group but I've joined a lovely one and they're very supportive. If you gain or maintain our consultant isn't one to shame but rather she'll ask you if you know why it's happened and then if you enjoyed it ;) and help you plan for the week ahead.
I've started SW 5 weeks ago at 21st 4.5lbs with a rough goal of 11st for now.
It's daunting but so many have succeeded with SW because you don't have to have teeny weeny portions and the syns mean you can have that little bit of indulgence (dark rolos are my weakness).

Remember even if the weight doesn't go as quickly as you'd like you're still getting fitter and healthier each day :)

You've made the first step - congrats.
I hated the idea of group but I've joined a lovely one and they're very supportive. If you gain or maintain our consultant isn't one to shame but rather she'll ask you if you know why it's happened and then if you enjoyed it ;) and help you plan for the week ahead.
I've started SW 5 weeks ago at 21st 4.5lbs with a rough goal of 11st for now.
It's daunting but so many have succeeded with SW because you don't have to have teeny weeny portions and the syns mean you can have that little bit of indulgence (dark rolos are my weakness).

Remember even if the weight doesn't go as quickly as you'd like you're still getting fitter and healthier each day :)

Thank you for your lovely post :) it's nice to know that you're in a similar position to me (not so nice for the both of us, but good on us for taking that first step to change!) How much have you lost in your first five weeks? I am aiming for 3 stone by August which may be a little too much pressure to put on myself, but I can do this!! I absolutely love pasta and rice so this diet seems ideal for me, although living with OH and kids is hard as always have to have sweet stuff in the house - no matter how supportive he is of me, he can't do without his unhealthy snacks! I have already been looking longingly at the caramel shortcakes in the cupboard, however, I have held back! I am NOT going to ruin this (not in the first week anyway!)

What day is your weigh in day? Good luck for the week ahead...

Back