Would running stop weight loss?

egbert

Silver Member
I know nothing about the biology of it all, but if I was to start jogging or something, would that affect my weight loss? A friend has told me that she started running and due to water retention had a 5 week STS?

I would think that running, jogging or any other form of exercise would help speed up the weight loss? I'm really not sure, but I'd also like to know the answer to this as I'm a keen gym bunny!

I can speak from experience that it will boost your loss initially, but as your muscles get stronger they demand more energy and if you arent feeding them your body will try to hold onto everything it can.

I am not doing the cambridge diet, but I started on a vlcd and to break through my plateau each time I have had to increase calories despite the same levels of exercise.

It's science all wrong, but it really shouldnt put you off exercising as its the best way to lose and maintain on any diet.

I normally tend to do weight training for toning firstly, and then some form of high intensity cardio like running or using the cross trainer for up to 45 minutes.. Is this advisable now considering I'm doing the CD diet? Will it hinder my weight loss at all?

I was having really good losses and the week i really started to exercise running speed walking and toning think i done it 5 days that week i ended up gaining a pound but lost fat and inches but my cdc said exercise is a good thing cos it does tone your body and i only gained a pound cos my body started to gain muscle. Althouggh i felt really good aftre all my exercise it did really dishearten me to have had a gain that week so i have toned down slightly on the exercise but when im closer to goal and start stepping up the programme i will increase my exercise.

Yolande said:
I was having really good losses and the week i really started to exercise running speed walking and toning think i done it 5 days that week i ended up gaining a pound but lost fat and inches but my cdc said exercise is a good thing cos it does tone your body and i only gained a pound cos my body started to gain muscle. Althouggh i felt really good aftre all my exercise it did really dishearten me to have had a gain that week so i have toned down slightly on the exercise but when im closer to goal and start stepping up the programme i will increase my exercise.

I think that's what I'll do, some light exercise for the time being to help with toning but then when I'm closer to goal I'll hit the gym harder :) the last thing I want is to go hell for leather 3 or 4 times a week at the gym just to gain weight! Lol

Back